Poll: What is the best TV show series of all time?

10,969 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Buckdawger
ugakirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm surprised Dean was the only one to mention The Office.

It may not be the best ever, but I can watch that over and over again
Klc71
With others above, Justified is my favorite drama of all time. Deadwood and Sopranos are next.

Comedies: also agree with others. Cheers is my favorite. MASH (Frank Burns episodes) second.

Love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
JudgeLarryDawg
PSA, Chernobyl, on HBO right now, is outstanding mini-series.
Ugacrazy
Walking Dead
Dean Legge
Staff
HBO is worth it. Period.
Dean Legge
Staff
Man in the high castle on Amazon is great as well.
12thmandawgfan
COMBAT and RAT PATROL
DawgFactor21
Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
Alice
Price is Right (Bob Barker)

That was my school skipping play list back in high school.
Klc71
DawgFactor21 said:

Andy Griffith Show
Leave it to Beaver
Alice
Price is Right (Bob Barker)

That was my school skipping play list back in high school.

You spent too much time at the Engel's....
DAVE95HEELS
Andy Griffith
65dawg
Perry Mason got it early and I enjoy them on METV with the vintage cars, clothing, and characters.. 65TUCKED a law school professor called it the best way to intro yourself into criminal law and referred to the program as Perry Brickmason.. 65 TUCKED
65dawg
HunkerDownDawgs
There are so many great shows! I won't repeat the same ones that everyone keeps mentioning, but here are a few others from the paid tv genre (and definitely leaving a bunch out):

Band of Brothers
Homeland
Deadwood
Westworld
Dexter
Counterpoint
Boardwalk Empire
Ozarks
Ray Donovan
The Killing
Luther
Broadchurch
House of Cards (but only the first few seasons!)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Ballers
Entourage
Spartacus
marcdawg1
Final 4:
1. Cheers
2. Seinfeld
3. Sopranos
4. Arrested Development
dawgpostsucks
HunkerDownDawgs said:

There are so many great shows! I won't repeat the same ones that everyone keeps mentioning, but here are a few others from the paid tv genre (and definitely leaving a bunch out):

Band of Brothers
Homeland
Deadwood
Westworld
Dexter
Counterpoint
Boardwalk Empire
Ozarks
Ray Donovan
The Killing
Luther
Broadchurch
House of Cards (but only the first few seasons!)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Silicon Valley
Ballers
Entourage
Spartacus
'Band of Brothers' is one of my all-time favorite TV mini-series (the book by Stephen Ambrose is pretty good too).

I've seen the first two seasons of 'Ozarks'. Julie Garner does a good job w/ her "Ruth Langmore" character.

I liked 'Broadchurch', particularly the first two seasons.

I liked the four-episode British 'House of Cards' better than the first season of the American version. Since I'm not a fan of politics nor machiavellianism, I stopped watching the program.

I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Deadwood', 'Dexter', and 'Luther', respectively. After I finish watching 'Justified', 'The Last Kingdom', and 'The Sopranos' I'll probably restart 'Deadwood'.

Fwiw, some other TV show series I've liked are '11/22/63', 'Bloodline' (first two seasons only, the third season progressively worsened), 'Dark', 'Downton Abbey', 'Fauda', 'Fawlty Towers', 'Happy Valley', 'Longmire', 'Stranger Things' (first season was better than the second one), and 'The Twilight Zone'.
Andrew
Many good shows listed but two that I grew up on that hasn't been mentioned is Quantum Leap and Knight Rider. Both awesome shows.
friendofbob
yearofthedawg said:

The thing that set Seinfeld apart as a sitcom was the technique of taking 2-3 seemingly disjointed stories and weaving them together at the end (eg kramer hitting golf balls into the ocean to plug a whales blowhole to be saved by fake marine biologist George). While I did think Seinfeld was funny regardless, I'd have to tip the cap versus other sitcoms for that.

But Cheers, Friends, Mary Tyler Moore Show, All In the Family, Cosby Show, MASH all deserve consideration for sure.

My favorite single sitcom episode of all time came from much less popular WKRP in Cincinnati, when the head of sales accidentally spray painted his daughters frog pink. Several episodes of that show were special, even though the series only lasted about 4-5 seaso
Great segment of WKRP but it can't be better than the Thanksgiving turkey drop and its broadcast by Les Nessman.
Dean Legge
Staff
WKRP was awesome.

So was Sanford and Son.
dawgpostsucks
Dean Legge said:

WKRP was awesome.

So was Sanford and Son.
The actor that played the son, Lamont Sanford (Demond Wilson), was born in Valdosta, GA.
88Fox
South Park
Sanford and Son
Heroes
MASH
The Sid and Marty Croft Hour
Y'all hear that? We're using code names. - Evelle Snopes
88Fox
88Fox said:

South Park
Sanford and Son
Heroes
MASH
The Sid and Marty Croft Hour

Can't forget The Jefferson's
Y'all hear that? We're using code names. - Evelle Snopes
sandersvilledawg
The Office was AWESOME and so was Seinfeld. Cosmo Kramer and Dwight have to be the two best characters ever. I also used to love Cheers. Friends has to be in there somewhere.
ColonialDawg
There's always money in the banana stand.
Cook Dawg
yearofthedawg said:

fThe thing that set Seinfeld apart as a sitcom was the technique of taking 2-3 seemingly disjointed stories and weaving them together at the end (eg kramer hitting golf balls into the ocean to plug a whales blowhole to be saved by fake marine biologist George). While I did think Seinfeld was funny regardless, I'd have to tip the cap versus other sitcoms for that.

But Cheers, Friends, Mary Tyler Moore Show, All In the Family, Cosby Show, MASH all deserve consideration for sure.

My favorite single sitcom episode of all time came from much less popular WKRP in Cincinnati, when the head of sales accidentally spray painted his daughters frog pink. Several episodes of that show were special, even though the series only lasted about 4-5 seasons.

What a great thread! I could get Lost in it.... yep, my fav tv show. Did anyone from that show ever hit it big? Most have been Lost.

I picked this post to respond to first, just a remark about WRKP....

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly".

Les Nessman on the scene reporting like it was the Hindenberg. On my fav quote list from one of the most underrated tv shows of all times.

thx for mentioning them.

cook

Cook Dawg
JudgeLarryDawg said:

PSA, Chernobyl, on HBO right now, is outstanding mini-series.
Watching it now too. Should be required watching by everyone on this planet.

I have an long time friend (she was a UGA grad) leaving for a trip to Russia in a few days. I told her about the show. Gave her some tips based on it, If you see a sign that says "chernobyl", do a180 immmediately!

Of course, I also accused her of being a commie on a secret mission to ef with elections here. Or to get some dirt on a politician. Sure hope it's a Nancy.

Better shut up before I start getting followed by people being followed by other people. You know , the K-G-B.

cook
Cook Dawg
12thmandawgfan said:

COMBAT and RAT PATROL
A buddy of mine just said the exact same thing to me yesterday.

You know any ex-college BB coaches named Steve?

Cook Dawg
couldn't find any mention of this mini-series.

One of the best ever.

Lonesome Dove.

Buckdawger
Shelt320 said:

I only watched Gunsmoke because of Miss Kitty. I had a crush on her as a kid. LOL!
She went to school at Brenau, in Gainesville, and donated a pile of money.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.