Greatest war movie ever made coming up @8pm eastern

6,836 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JvilleDawg1
RyanJordan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not a movie guy. How historically accurate are the films mentioned?

I read Lone Survivor and Unbroken, but both movies were absolutely terrible and inaccurate. Massive dissappointment.
RyanJordan

I read Lone Survivor and Unbroken, but both movies were absolutely terrible and inaccurate. Massive dissappointment.
SoCalTrojanDawg
RyanJordan said:

Hello, Ryan! Most war movies are fictionalized; that is, the events and characters depicted in the films are not based on actual events and people.

However, two of my favorite films that are very accurate in terms of the above were made in the age when Hollywood didn't necessarily covet historically-correct war films. In addition to "The Longest Day", which was quite accurate except for a few casting decisions and minute details regarding a particular item that was worn or not, Warner Brothers, "Sergeant York" of 1941, and United Artists, "The Great Escape" of 1963, were very accurate. Both films were highly successful at the box office and highly acclaimed by critics....wonderful to watch! I highly recommend them!

There are a few others (later films) that come to mind that are quite accurate...."Platoon", "Act of Valor", and "Enemy at the Gates", among them.

JvilleDawg1
Saving Private Ryan. That's as real as it gets.
JvilleDawg1
Awesome!!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.