The FIU game

1,081 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, it was closer than it should have been, but they are trying to figure out how they can win together. I thought Cook played pretty well; he's clever with the ball; he had a couple of great passes that his teammates dropped - they have to be awake. Oquendo started slow but came on at the end. He's really athletic. I think we have a good one in Christian Wright; he's tremendous defensively for a freshman; did a couple of nice things on the offensive end, too. Bridges and Ingram are gonna be a pretty good pair in the post for us. Jabri hasn't found his game yet; he seems to be forcing it. I think he was 0fer the game. Our offense was very spotty, particularly early - down 5 at the half.

We had 12 TOs at the half, but only 3 in the 2nd. We went to a smaller lineup that helped us defensively. Etter drew 2 charges, and we got on the boards really well. I think we played more under control in the 2nd half and settled down and ran our offense and won by 7. Though I think we are probably 20+ pts better than FIU, we are a work in progress. I hope we figure it out soon because the schedule is about to get tougher quickly. If we don't gel and find the team chemistry and the shooting necessary, then we won't have much of a season. We'll see.
Dawg44
Noah Baumann impressed me too.
Monkdawg
Yeah, I think Baumann did some good things. When we went to our small lineup, he was on the floor. Played some solid defense, got a blocked shot.
SidViciousDawg
Anybody watch any other basketball last night? I watched some of the AU, UA & KY games as well as ours. Keep in mind that FIU is horrible and predicted to finish dead last in C-USA and we struggled to score 58 points against them to squeak out a victory. The disparity in talent between us and other SEC Teams is wider than at anytime… ever! I still don't see much way that we can win more than 2 or 3 games in conference at most.
fladawg59
i hope you are wrong.
although i suspect you are right.
wasnt JAR a five star recruit at one point?
maybe he played with jaykkwon walton?
SidViciousDawg
Both pretty good players who will likely be solid SEC caliber contributors. Jaykwon signed with Mississippi State yesterday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.