Prayers to the Glasco Family

2,439 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawg2727
dawg212003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prayers being sent out to Geri Ann Glasco's family. Geri Ann passed away as a result of an automobile accident early this morning. She played her first two years of softball for the Georgia softball team. Her dad was an assisant coach for UGA softball team.
Dean Legge
Staff
LAFAYETTE, La. Former Georgia softball student-athlete Geri Ann Glasco passed away in an automobile accident early Thursday morning in Lafayette, Louisiana.

"Geri Ann was one of the most kind and loving people I have ever known," said head coach Lu Harris-Champer. "I remember her infectious smile, open heart, and giving soul. This is a loss you never truly recover from; but we can cherish the time we shared and the memories we made. The only peace comes from knowing that she is in a better place. As much as our hearts ache now, we know that we will see her again. My heart goes out to her family, teammates, and to all who loved her."

Glasco attended Oconee County High School in Watkinsville where was named the 2012 National and Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year and was a four-time First Team All-State selection in Georgia.

She was a member of the Georgia softball team in 2013 and 2014 where she was a force in the circle and a hitting threat at the plate. In 2013, she was named the SEC Co-Freshman of the Year and earned Louisville Slugger/NFCA and Easton All-American distinction. In 2014, Glasco helped lift Georgia's first SEC Tournament trophy.

Her father Gerry was an assistant coach at Georgia for six seasons (2009-14), and her sister Tara Archibald was also an assistant coach for the Bulldogs (2012-14). Gerry is now the head coach of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns softball program. Geri Ann was serving as his volunteer assistant coach at the time of her passing.
dawg2727
Even after transferring to oregon G still loved UGA . i am still numb from the news
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.