Some rumors that John Rhys Plumlee might be wavering a bit?

6,204 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
Darindawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ole miss snooping around. For what is shaping up to be another out-of-this-world recruiting class, this would be a blow. He's not getting a lot of pub, got look at his numbers this year. This kid is an athlete to the 10th power. We need another scholly QB in the fold IMO. I'm hoping that he stays on board.
Any of you inside operatives got any info to share on this?
Haney
Have heard this as well Darin, any time you are recruiting an out of state kid, you have to worry about the in state program making a late push. Hopefully he stays with us, have heard he is a very good baseball prospect as well-we could use him there probably before he is needed with football.
dawgpostsucks
60% of crystal ball predictions have Plumlee going to Ole Miss:

https://www.dawgsports.com/2018/12/11/18137129/bulldog-qb-commit-headed-elsewhere

This week, as Signing Day approaches 247Sports crystal ball predictions (https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/John-Rhys-Plumlee-at-Oak-Grove-202574/CurrentExpertPredictions/) are pouring in for the Magnolia State star to stay home and go to Ole Miss.
Darindawg
Dang..I'd be clawing to keep this kid in the fold. He's an athlete, out of this world numbers. I'm also not a recruiting guru...butt tell me about this Gabriel kid AFD..??.....He's the 90th ranked QB in the nation with 14 ints...?? What uh, am I missing here?
Haney
I think it is more an issue of trying to get a decent kid to come in and be ok with likely always being at best 2nd but probably 3rd string. We need another body at the position, some say two but I say one, and thus are trying to get a kid that is ok just sitting back, waiting his time and then even likely getting recruited over while he is in school. Most QB's don't want to deal with that. I think UGA is obviously looking for a kid that is a true dual threat-more of a running threat, so that in the event both our QB's went down, we would just go to mostly a running team, wilddog type formation, that is just my guess.
dawgpostsucks
Darindawg said:

Dang..I'd be clawing to keep this kid in the fold. He's an athlete, out of this world numbers. I'm also not a recruiting guru...butt tell me about this Gabriel kid AFD..??.....He's the 90th ranked QB in the nation with 14 ints...?? What uh, am I missing here?
2019 4* Dual-threat QB John Rhys Plumlee, 6'1", 185 lbs, 4.61 40 [verified]: in 15 high school games this season he completed 187 of 291 passes (64.3%) for 2,834 yds w/ 33 TDs & 3 INTs, rushed 162x for 1,444 yds (avg. 8.9 ypc) & 19 TDs; during his high school career he threw for 5,430 yds & 51 TDs, rushed for 2,314 yds (avg. 7.6 ypc) & 31 TDs, and caught 1 pass for 9 yds & 1 TD; has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Southern Miss, Tulane, and Virginia

2019 3* Pro-style QB Dillon Gabriel, 5'11", 185 lbs, 4.94 40 [verified]: in 13 high school games this season he completed 278 of 490 passes (56.7%) for 3,754 yds w/ 38 TDs & 13 INTs, rushed 95x for 108 yds (avg. 1.1 ypc) & 4 TDs; during his high school career he threw for 9,848 yds & 105 TDs; has offers from Air Force, Army [committed on 18 June 2018, then decommitted on 11 November], Central Florida, Coastal Carolina, Georgia, Hawai'i, Navy, and Southern Cal
BIGKNINE1
If "Plumlee" ain't of the caliber of Fields, I say.......don't come. You will not play much here, initially. And.maybe, in your DAWG career. Better stay put wherever you are and try getting a chance to play there.
dawgpostsucks
Plumlee said UGA wants to blueshirt him
Darindawg
Ok, AFD...I've heard of a Red shirt....I've hear Grey shirt...I've NEVER heard of a Blue shirt....can you clarify?
dawgpostsucks
Darindawg said:

Ok, AFD...I've heard of a Red shirt....I've hear Grey shirt...I've NEVER heard of a Blue shirt....can you clarify?
Michelle Hosick, NCAA Associate Director of Public and Media Relations, said blueshirting has been used to "refer to the practice of providing a football walk-on with an athletics scholarship after the beginning of football practices and only needing to count him in the overall limit of 85 (scholarship players) for that year, but deferring his initial counter status until the next year."

greenshirt - mid-year (i.e., January) early enrollee on scholarship (e.g., 5* OL Cade Mays)

blueshirt - non-recruited (i.e., no official visit, no in-home visit) student-athlete enrolls on their own dime during summer semester then is placed on scholarship in August after football practices start (e.g., 2017 3* PK Joseph Bulovas [Alabama], 2017 3* OL Hunter Brannon [Alabama], 2017 3* RB Princeton Fant [Tennessee])

grayshirt - signee defers enrollment by one semester (i.e., Fall) then is placed on scholarship in January (e.g., 2019 3* WR Caden Kolesar [Michigan], 2018 4* OLB Jarez Parks [Alabama])

redshirt - football student-athlete plays in four or fewer games during season without it counting as a year of eligibility (e.g., 2017 5* OT Isaiah Wilson)
dawgpostsucks
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/4-star-qb-prospect-john-rhys-plumlee-is-still-a-bulldog-for-now

4-star QB commit John Rhys Plumlee is still a Bulldog for now
By Jeff Sentell
17 December 2018
Gadawg
I guess all of this might change with the news of Fields most likely transferring.
BIGKNINE1
Now Plumlee will commit because he knows there is a chance to play sooner than later with Justin leaving the program. Bet Justin told him first.
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.