Joni Taylor announced as 'Premier Preps of East Mississippi Banquet' keynote speaker

2,014 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joni is from Meridian, MS and starred in basketball and track & field there.

http://www.meridianstar.com/sports/former-mhs-star-to-headline-premier-preps-banquet/article_3525035c-4b66-11e8-b2c4-470d06b930a0.html

The banquet and award ceremony will be held at 5:30 p.m. on 21 May 2018 at the MSU-Meridian Kahlmus Auditorium.
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
17-minute video of Joni Taylor's 'Next Level Success' speech linked below. A synopsis:

1. Strive to be the best daily in everything you do (e.g., keep learning, have short/medium/longterm goals [write them down and put them where you can see them every day; share them w/ someone that you trust that can help you and hold you accountable; have a plan to accomplish those goals)
2. Master the power of positive thinking (your thoughts are your most important asset in achieving your dreams; expose your mind to the right things [e.g., read the right books, associate w/ the right people--stay away from negative people (as they'll drain your energy) and those who don't have your best intentions in mind]
3. Have a winning attitude (set your dreams high, study winners [e.g., how do they win, how do they train, how do they eat, how are they sleeping], be gracious in defeat (don't let a problem become an excuse), don't ever be fully satisfied (the privileged position you have ascended to is a precarious one)
4. Must have a competitive spirit (challenge yourself to practice at a higher level)
5. Must leave a lasting impression (when recruiting I'll study your body language on the bench and how you interact w/ others; ask yourself if you're satisfied w/ your effort, did I give up?)

Joni concluded her speech by sharing that everyday she reads the 'All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten' poem by Robert Fulghum.

http://www.meridianstar.com/sports/joni-taylor-premier-preps-speech/video_bd0f789c-5ef8-11e8-a1d4-3718f02cb370.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.