Ladydawgs 50 Belmont 76

1,090 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After the first 2 minutes Belmont dominated us. We played better the last 3 minutes of the first half, but we didn't score in the second half until 2 minutes and 20 seconds left. As I said the last game, it will be a long season. Coach Abe will definitely have to hit the transfer portal after the season. We also need to start recruiting the junior colleges trying to find a couple of proven scorer. This season will be bad and that's understandable. The trick is not to be bad next season. I know we all love our ladies and I just want them to keep fighting till the end.
dawgs30008
I want to see this team in March. Than I will pass judgement. I have faith in Coach Abe and her staff.

I watched the game and kept waiting for the big run to take the lead. One person really beat us and we did not adjust to her. Plus the refs were awful. We had 27 fouls to their 12. I know coach is planning on playing man more and they seem to need game time experience with man to man defense.

Asia is a baller. We will be fine at point guard.

Fatima just needs more game experience and she will be good with her defense, rebounding, and occasional scoring.

Stefanie will be fine also. I see her as first point guard off the bench. She just needs more game time experience.

Destiny just have to get use to playing with her teammates. That will come in time.

Looking forward to see what Savannah will bring to the team. I expect her to bring 3 point scoring.

Cole needs to come off the bench until she can show she can hit the mid range. Driving to the basket trying to get past a triple team is not going to work.

Taniyah will give us quality minutes.

Amiya needs game time experience.

Chloe and Javyn needs to step up.

Hard for us to win when Javyn and De'Mauri are off.

Best to lose games like this early......

mmixon
Dawgs30008, I agree on everything you said. Savannah is suppose to be back either the end of this month or in December. They never said what was her injury was but I know she suffered a season ending knee injury. I hope that she is completely healthy when she does come back because I think of Keisha Brown and Tina Taylor. I remember Keisha going down in 97 and we get to the elite eight without her but got to the final four with her in 99. Tina Taylor had 3 knee operations in 5 years at UGA and only one full year she was healthy. Savannah if healthy could give this team a big 3 point shooter which could help Javyn out by opening up the floor. But I have to be realistic we are in the SEC, by far the toughest league in America. 11 national Championships countless final fours and more Hall of Fame Players than any conference. The SEC will not be merciful and I remember when we were not to any team in this league. Before Dawn Staley got to South Carolina, we were 31 and 4 against them and now I can't remember the last time we beat them. January and February will definitely let us know the job ahead of us. Recruiting will have to get better and the kids she recruit will have to have that long relationship with her and the staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.