Vivian Iwuchukwu

2,307 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vivian has named her final 7 today and it is UGA, Florida, Kentucky, Texas A and M, Arizona, USC and Michigan. Vivian is 6'3" who is a power forward who can play the center. This one is big for UGA because we lose Javyn Nicholson after this season. Vivian can run the floor in transition and she can score in the paint. Very athletic and strong with a great IQ for basketball. Coach Abe was recruiting her at UCF and continued to recruit her when she took over UGA. I am hoping we can pull it off.
Dawg44
When do you think she picks? Do you like our chances?
mmixon
Dawg44, I would think this would come down to October at least because she hasn't visited UGA. Her home is in Texas which gives Texas A and M the closest school for an unofficial with family. She has a brother that plays at Southern Cal, but I think she will choose the best school for her. We have a former teammate of hers in Fatima Diakhate and that means Coach Abe has had a long relationship with her.
mmixon
I read an article where Vivian did an interview on her possible destination. I really like UGA chances now because she said she wants a program that is going to develop her. Coach Abe and staff took over UGA and every player on the team got better. Coach Abe last 2 seasons, she takes UCF and that team to UCONN and that game goes down to the wire. Toughest game UCONN had until they lost in the championship. Same thing with Iowa until Iowa met South Carolina and LSU also 2 other teams UGA played well. Hopefully Vivian visits UGA and then she will see what type of program UGA is.
mmixon
Vivian visited UGA. I am thinking yesterday or this morning. Vivian was accompanied by her family. Also took a couple of pictures with Trinity Turner who also visited UGA.
mmixon
It has been reported that Vivian signed with Southern California, but I think she committed to USC and will sign with them in April. Coach Abe and staff were in it for a lot of recruits, but today is a different day. Nobody cares about who you miss, but what you are putting on the floor and I see a team that is going to struggle in the SEC. We need that closer in the recruiting game. We lost Tech on our own floor and I didn't see a great team. Landers won because he was a great recruiter and he kept talent in Athens until his last couple of years. Joni was missing early but she improved tremendously the last four years. Coach Abe might need to hit the junior colleges and transfer portal after the season because the SEC is the best and next year Texas and Oklahoma will be two more obstacles we have to go through.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.