2022-2023 Roster and Staff Changes

12,195 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by caejal44
Slappy Sloppy15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slappy Sloppy15 said:

caejal44 said:

Definitely. We will probably be slightly offensively challenged, but if this roster holds, we will have a mature team. We could be a dark horse team in the SEC.

I hope we have one or two more transfers added.

Yes, a couple of shooters would be nice
caejal44
Apparently, Gabby Connally is in the portal after taking last season off to intern with the secret service. Somebody is going to get a good one!
Dawg44
Can a player really do that? Wow.
caejal44
She was still in school last year, but she didn't play.

Maori Davenport enters the portal on 4-20.
Slappy Sloppy15
Reigen Richardson committed to Duke where former associate coach Karen Lange went.

Gabby Connelly was a big surprise, I always wondered why she just disappeared like that but now I see.
caejal44
The secret service is her dream, not basketball. It makes sense to do the internship and defer basketball for a year.

With J. Barker and Bowles to A &M, I think that leaves one open scholarship for them. Does Joni try to get Connally or Hollingshead or Davenport or none of them? Can one go to A&M, one to Alabama and one to Duke, so I only have to add three new teams to follow?
Slappy Sloppy15
caejal44 said:

The secret service is her dream, not basketball. It makes sense to do the internship and defer basketball for a year.

With J. Barker and Bowles to A &M, I think that leaves one open scholarship for them. Does Joni try to get Connally or Hollingshead or Davenport or none of them? Can one go to A&M, one to Alabama and one to Duke, so I only have to add three new teams to follow?
Not me, their not Georgia property so I don't care to follow them but to each their own. Barker just committed to Joni a few minutes ago I see.
caejal44
I may be a little tender-hearted, I guess…unless they go to certain schools which will not be named, then they are on their own.

Interesting that I just saw Amiya Evans decommited from UCF. Could we make a play for her? Our roster is very lopsided at this point with so many seniors and super seniors.
caejal44
I haven't been able to confirm, but another message board is saying we got Lattimore from Texas. If this is true, WOW. Huge upside. Stay tuned.
Slappy Sloppy15
Niblack from W.Virginia commits and she looks like a Javyn Nicholson clone
Slappy Sloppy15
There are 7 seniors, possibly 9 on this team, nothing should rattle them. They've been there and done that.
Slappy Sloppy15
Kimora Jenkins and Alina Sendar transfer as of 5-26
caejal44
Wow, are we going to have any underclassmen?
caejal44
De'Mauri Flournoy commits on 5-13…finally, some good news, lol.
Slappy Sloppy15
caejal44 said:

De'Mauri Flournoy commits on 5-13…finally, some good news, lol.
Good to see a underclassmen commit as most of the transfers are seniors or grad seniors. Hopefully she can realize that top 100 recruited potential.
caejal44
2022 prospect Stefanie Ingram commits on 5-14.
Slappy Sloppy15
caejal44 said:

2022 prospect Stefanie Ingram commits on 5-14.
What's the bio on her, I can't seem to get a good article on her
dawg20032003
UGA adds former UCF commit 6'5 Fatima Diakhat.
Slappy Sloppy15
dawg20032003 said:

UGA adds former UCF commit 6'5 Fatima Diakhat.
Are both these commits eligible this year?
imfrmzn4
Yes both commits will come in as freshman and be eligible for the 2022-23 season. I'm excited about the way the team is shaping up. I think we can be really good
caejal44
Amiya Evans commits on 5-19.
atlflips
Does anyone have an update on Lattimore from Texas? She would be a great addition to our roster.
mmixon
She is headed to Texas Tech.
dawg20032003
Fatima and Evans officially become Dawgs. Our roster sits at 14.
dawg20032003
Alisha Lewis has officially become a Dawg.
mmixon
Coach Abe has brought her players that had an outstanding season last year. With the addition of the players who stayed that was on Joni's team, UGA should be in very good shape this coming season.
Slappy Sloppy15
dawg20032003 said:

Alisha Lewis has officially become a Dawg.
Finally, I've been eagerly waiting her arrival. Gives us 3 point shooting.
caejal44
And with that the 2022-2023 roster is set. It's also been posted on the UGA website. We have plenty of weapons and options. Next year will be very interesting for us.

I never thought we would see so much activity when I created this thread, but it has made for an eventful off-season.
mmixon
Latasha Lattimore didn't sign with Texas Tech, she enrolled at Miami.
Slappy Sloppy15
caejal44 said:

And with that the 2022-2023 roster is set. It's also been posted on the UGA website. We have plenty of weapons and options. Next year will be very interesting for us.

I never thought we would see so much activity when I created this thread, but it has made for an eventful off-season.
So Coombs decided not to comeback I see.
caejal44
That's what I am assuming. Not listed on the 2022-2023 roster (Bates is), and there is no more space now as we cannot exceed 15 scholarships this year.

Plus, she did graduate from grad school this semester. Great ambassador for our program.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.