Lady Dawgs play at Auburn tomorrow at 12:00. SECN. **

2,221 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dawg212003
Dawg44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eeeeee
caejal44
This game scares me. Auburn can be a dangerous team. I hope we play focused.
Dawg44
Our shooting is so up and down, every game scares me.
caejal44
I agree. I am hoping that Barker and/or Richardson can heat up like Caldwell did at this time last year. Having that third scoring threat makes everything easier, especially for Staiti.
dawg212003
Too bad we lack a good coach.
dawgs30008
I knew we were going to lose this game. Joni's teams do not play well against pressure. The fourth quarter showed that. Senseless turnovers. Guards forgetting how to dribble against pressure and players throwing up wild shots and air balls. Stop waiting for the refs to bail you out and learn how to play through contact.

And I am tired of Jenna on defense coming out on the pick and roll. She is too slow to recover. Joni waited too late to adjust to the dribble drive.

Auburn got most of the calls.
bettaberedy
Sigh, another long scoreless drought, this the longest one of the season to end a very winnable. To be a ranked team and go scoreless in the last 7:16 against a team below .500 is highly embarrassing. Somebody on this team has to have a clutch gene. SA just doesn't have it I know she's been going through a lot of personal issues but she was 0-8 and 0-3 from 3 in this game. It may just be time to start Reagan in that spot for now. Auburn's game plan was smart too they got Jenna moving against those mobile bigs. This team really isn't all that talented folks, so I'm never surprised when they lose.
Dawg44
Come on man. She was voted SEC coach of the year last year. She was not the one shooting all those shots that didn't ring the basket.
caejal44
The team definitely lacks consistency, but let's not forget Auburn has handed two other ranked teams losses this year. Still no excuse for a loss, but Auburn can beat good teams.

Our season isn't over yet.

dawg212003
Oh. So please explain all the adjustments she has made in games? Why is the assistant coach making the play on final plays in multiple games and we can't even get a shot off. Show me the development these players have shown? These wild shots? So it's not the coaches decision to bench them?
Dawg44
We should fire our coaches after every loss. That will get the job done. We mean business. We are serious about winning.
caejal44
Yeah, I am confused how we average 20 wins a season under Taylor when our players aren't "talented" and don't "develop" and our coaches are "bad". Wouldn't that combo be disastrous?

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Has this team underperformed? Yes. Am I ready to jump off the bandwagon and start over? Heck no. There are some former blue blood programs that are in shambles right now, but we aren't one of them.
trey12madd
Well said @caejal44
dawg212003
No one said every game. We have had the same staff for how many years? A whole lot. I'm not saying get rid of Joni. I'm saying we need a major shake up within the assistant coaches.
dawg212003
If you want to get technical about it we are 3-3 when it comes to 20 win seasons over the last 6 years. It's up to Joni to see there is a problem. We need a shake up within the assistant coaching aspect at Georgia. The development of our girls aren't on the same lines of Uconn or USC. You can't think they are. We also need a better strength and conditioning program. Think back to Ashley Houts and Jasmine James. Those girls could play over 40 a game and still have energy in the tank. We look tired once we hit the 4th quarter. We should have won a few more games this season alone after leading well into the 4th. I want nothing but success for this team. But also know a chance is needed. And no I'm not saying Joni. The reason I said Joni earlier is bc it's her job to make changes within the program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.