Kentucky

1,660 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dawgs30008
caejal44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a big road game tonight against Kentucky. Even if Staiti isn't available, we will still have the size and depth advantage, but they have Howard, lol. It should be a good game.
Dawg44
I'm hearing Staiti is back. I hope she's 100%. Streaming on the SECN+
caejal44
Kentucky hasn't played since mid-December, so I am hoping they will be a little rusty. In any event, we have to start better than we have the past two games.

I could see Staiti having a monster game if she is 100% healthy. I am sure she's ready for SEC play.
dawg212003
It will be on SEC+. Not SECN.
dawg212003
Definitely have to start better. Not good to have to always fight back to get into the game.
dawg212003
What are we doing? Do we not practice against the press? Not to mention. Stop giving them layup after layup. Where is our D?
dawg212003
Won't win games allowing opponents to shoot over 50% in games.
caejal44
Frustrating loss. Not sure what was wrong with our defense tonight. Need to regroup and move on to the next.
dawg212003
Definitely frustrating. It's like we just opened the lanes for them to make layup after layup. Also have to cut down on the tos. Que had 6 by herself. It will take me a day or so to calm down.
Dawg44
You were correct
dawgs30008
Even though Joni lives and die by man to man defense, some teams are faster than us in certain matchups. Jena could not stick with their post. Joni needs to study the Syracuse zone because sometimes we will have to change to a zone like she did in the LSU game.

Freshmen get a pass but sophomores etc do not. The freshmen have not caught up to the speed of the game or the pressure. They will be find over time.

Some of those turnovers were like hot potatoes for the players. Chloe and Que should know better. I am not sure how they game prep but they did not prep for Kentucky defense. Everyone knew the press was coming. In Que defense, we have her doing too much.

We need to hire a shooting guru. When Coombs, Chloe and Issac is on the floor, team wont guard them on the perimeter because they do not shoot or do not shoot well. There is no reason why they should not have a mid range game.

Zoe needs to play more. She can be a matchup nightmare for the smaller guards in this league. I truly sometimes do not understand Joni rotation. I realize most times she goes by feel of how the players are playing, but the best way to get confidence is to let it fly. As this older guy told me once on the court, Jerry West said, shoot until you get HOT!.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.