Gameday

2,202 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caejal44
caejal44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The start of our season is finally here. What are you most interested in seeing?

I hope to see that we have the same quality depth as we did last year.
Dawg44
I'm at the game. I hope we shoot great. That's the most important thing in any game.
caejal44
That was a great first quarter for us. The team looks ready to play.
Dawg44
Lady Dawgs are ahead 28-4. End of first quarter.
caejal44
I really like the idea of Smith at the 3 if she can avoid fouling on defense.
dawg212003
Man oh man can this team run. We are quick and I saw some very nice things. Glad to get the freshman out there. If we continue to develop we can be really good.
caejal44
That was a fun game to watch. I think the freshman will add some solid depth once they settle in to the college game. Well, Jenkins looked settled in already.
dawg212003
Which is crazy considering she wasn't able to play last year and is actually behind the others. Jillian looked super nervous to start but actually settled in and looked better towards the end.
caejal44
There were definitely some first game jitters for the freshmen, but the rest of the team looked like they were in mid season form. Nicholson brought the energy tonight.
dawgs30008
Not sure why Kimme did not play more. She is going to be better than people think. Her whole family played basketball.

The other freshmen did look nervous and that is expected for some.

Connolly is a better shooter but Coombs is faster. This team is fast and the bigs can motor too.

I am looking forward to see this team against Tech and NC State.
dawg212003
It has to do with her being behind. They stated she wasn't able to play or even get in the gym during COVID in NY.
Tyree02
Sometimes we can forget that basketball is more thank just scoring the basketball. Although it is important to do that, we are a defense first team and this could be where Kimmie struggles. Basketball is also a rhythm sport and not having played organized basketball for a full year can be impactful. Since the day we signed Kimmie, I told people don't look at the rankings because this kid was going to be good. Our freshman looked nervous, but I think they will settle in. We could take a huge step forward if they adjust like I think they can. We could be great if they learn to play at this level.
dawg212003
I think Jillian is going to be very good for us. Looks like she's getting more comfortable each game. Excited to see how she develops.
caejal44
She did give us some great minutes tonight. It was nice seeing Barker have a breakout game this early in the season as well. We will need her scoring.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.