Shon Abaev

939 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Monkdawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was doing some preliminary scouting and look ahead to 2025 and saw where we could potentially be leading on the recruiting trail, and ran across Shon Abaev. The 6-7 wing has great guard like skills and can score the ball really well, has been having a great summer. He is a consensus 4 star and a top 30-40 player in most data bases. It seems like we have an early lead but it's competitive and will be a very close race as we haven't separated ourselves. He seems to be close to Jordyn Kee who by the looks of it has been doing some heavy early recruiting and is close with Shon. Would be a huge addition to the 2025 class, go watch his film I love what I see. True natural scorer.

Side note too- how can you not love Jordyn Kee?? Willing to redshirt, practicing hard and pushing the guys. Seems to be loved in the locker room and already a very likable guy, especially with Asa. Now he's recruiting and using his Florida connections hard to get Shon? I love this kid this is someone who's bought in and knows his role, and wants to be here!
BallDawg
Another name to add to this list. Jr Leonard out of Riverwood HS in GA. Good school that has produced some good talent in last few years. Believe his teammate was a 4 star that is now at vandy. Anyways we have been on the recruiting trail for him for a while, might have been his first offer or at least his first power 5 offer for sure. Kid can score the ball, good player, 3-4 star depending where you look, would be very good for depth and high ceiling.
BallDawg
Last thing we need will be a big, and a true big man to round out this class. I would prefer we get that from the high school class but if we can get a proven college big with good upside and production, I'll take it, I just prefer being able to recruit and be picky with the guys you want to bring in and develop.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Was doing some preliminary scouting and look ahead to 2025 and saw where we could potentially be leading on the recruiting trail, and ran across Shon Abaev. The 6-7 wing has great guard like skills and can score the ball really well, has been having a great summer. He is a consensus 4 star and a top 30-40 player in most data bases. It seems like we have an early lead but it's competitive and will be a very close race as we haven't separated ourselves. He seems to be close to Jordyn Kee who by the looks of it has been doing some heavy early recruiting and is close with Shon. Would be a huge addition to the 2025 class, go watch his film I love what I see. True natural scorer.

Side note too- how can you not love Jordyn Kee?? Willing to redshirt, practicing hard and pushing the guys. Seems to be loved in the locker room and already a very likable guy, especially with Asa. Now he's recruiting and using his Florida connections hard to get Shon? I love this kid this is someone who's bought in and knows his role, and wants to be here!
Abaev has some really good film. He's got a lot of skills. Would be good to step into Leffew's spot, if we can get him. I hadn't heard that we led; I know he was going to visit Auburn because he's Jewish like Pearl. Maybe visiting Ariz St., too. I can't recall. About Kee, he seems like a great kid. He busts his ass in practice. He tries to lead every sprint and every drill he does. Great, great attitude! I hope he can help us in recruiting. We can use all the help we can get.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Another name to add to this list. Jr Leonard out of Riverwood HS in GA. Good school that has produced some good talent in last few years. Believe his teammate was a 4 star that is now at vandy. Anyways we have been on the recruiting trail for him for a while, might have been his first offer or at least his first power 5 offer for sure. Kid can score the ball, good player, 3-4 star depending where you look, would be very good for depth and high ceiling.
I need to try to get over to Riverwood; it's just down the road from me.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Last thing we need will be a big, and a true big man to round out this class. I would prefer we get that from the high school class but if we can get a proven college big with good upside and production, I'll take it, I just prefer being able to recruit and be picky with the guys you want to bring in and develop.
Well, we will probably need a big man in the class, but assuming Somto is back next year, the need is not dire. We can always dip in the portal. We need a SF something fierce. We don't really have one on our roster.
BallDawg
Man in my dreams dylan james can develop his skill set and play the 3. Unfortunately I just think he's a stretch 4, but if he could handle it a little better and improve some areas of his game I feel like the potential is there to be able to play the 3, just my opinion.
BallDawg
Great school, great athletics, spent a lot of time there, dated a girl that went there, constantly produced D1 level talent across all sports, great connection for UGA to strengthen.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Man in my dreams dylan james can develop his skill set and play the 3. Unfortunately I just think he's a stretch 4, but if he could handle it a little better and improve some areas of his game I feel like the potential is there to be able to play the 3, just my opinion.
I spoke to Dylan about that, and he said White wants him to play some 3. I think he can shoot from the perimeter and defend the position. Yeah, he needs to work on his handle, but I think he can improve that.
neKKiDawg
Monkdawg said:

BallDawg said:

Well, we will probably need a big man in the class, but assuming Somto is back next year, the need is not dire. We can always dip in the portal. We need a SF something fierce. We don't really have one on our roster.
What position is Wilkins expected to play at the college level. I was thinking he would be a SF like his old man.
Monkdawg
neKKiDawg said:

Monkdawg said:

BallDawg said:

What position is Wilkins expected to play at the college level. I was thinking he would be a SF like his old man.
He's bit taller than Dominique, but skinnier. I think he will be a SF, too. I've seen some film on him that looks like his perimeter shot has improved quite a bit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.