Duke transfer talking to UGA

1,306 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dawglegright
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joey Baker, who has graduated from Duke and who re-classified to get into Duke early only to have Coach K recruit over him and not play him, is talking to us and Michigan about playing his final year of eligibility. Baker is a pretty good shooter who I think could help us. Michigan is almost guaranteed to win this year, so if just winning is important, they might have the edge. He's from NC, so we are obviously closer to his home. Not really sure what his position is. He's listed at 6'6," and he always played on the perimeter at Duke, but I don't know if he has the skills to be a guard or the athleticism to be a SF.
Dawg44
I hope we don't take him unless he's really good. We should be picky with our last two slots. I trust coach White.
Monkdawg
I don't know whether Baker got a chance to truly show what he could do at Duke, so he might be able to help us. White would certainly be a better judge of whether Baker might help. It's just that in opinion I don't think he plays a position that I would look for in filling these last 2 spots. But, if he can score, then I would change my opinion.
PaulWesterdawg
He knows how to win and prepare and is at least a competent backup so they should sign him. The roster doesn't have enough guys who've won on a big stage. There is a cultural that we have to build here. If he's can help with that culture he's a great fit for a 1 year deal. If he can't help there i would be surprised.
dawglegright
Former 4 star recruit. If he's healthy, sounds like he would be a good addition for us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.