roster

1,244 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Monkdawg
fladawg59
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe we have a much better crop from the portal this year.
time will tell though.

the most encouraging thing is the returning players.
under crean, all the players in the rotation transferred out and the bench warmers stayed.
under white, the opposite happened.
Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

I also think roberts and oquendo could be a very good backcourt?
What do you guys think?
Nostradawgus
If this team plays any defense beyond being human traffic cones they have a shot to be markedly better.

Then, reduce the turnovers. Just the reckless unforced ones.

Still not sure we have consistent scoring in the paint and from the arc.

If this team were to hit .500 in conference I'd be ecstatic.
Chuckwagon
I just want a few players that know where the backboard is! much less know how to use it!!
Monkdawg
If we can make improvement on defense, rebounding, TOs and shooting %, we can be a good bit better. I'm sure we will be better on defense and pretty sure we will rebound better. There are apparently 2 PGs on the roster; I would prefer 3 myself; but our PG play last year was abysmal. I think we will be better there, so our TOs will probably improve. As to shooting %, that's the only thing I'm not sure of. Roberts looks like the best in-coming offensive player. But most of the new guys don't have an offensive pedigree. I think we will improve offensively just because White is a good coach, but we will have to see.
Monkdawg
Thinking about this a bit more, I just don't see anyone on our roster that an opposing coach will look at and say "We gotta stop that guy". That's bad in that we don't have a proven "go to" guy on the team, but it's good in that we will be kind of a mystery to our opponents. They won't know who to focus on or who will be taking the big shots for us. It could work in our favor, but usually you like to see a top guy offensively on your team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.