Looks like we have another commit.

1,387 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The coaches have tweeted indicating as much without naming who it is. I'm guessing Moncreiffe.
Nostradawgus
Bring it! Yep that's it!
Monkdawg
Love one of the things he said in announcing his commitment - "I feel like the entire fanbase, the city is begging for a basketball team that they can be proud of. That's something I and the rest of the guys coming in, we want to take on that challenge and make Georgia basketball relevant." He couldn't be more right there.
Monkdawg
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4610395/matthew-alexander-moncrieffe

I'll say one thing I absolutely hate is his FT %. 54% is godawful. That has to improve....

Looks like he will be a PF with his body type and lack of shooting. That's OK - somebody's got to do the dirty work.
Atowndawg
As a six-8 type player, I will take it. If we can get the other three guys that we have heard about, get a guy like Reed, and add a couple more over the summer, we should be better on paper.
Nostradawgus
We're doing very well in free agency. I suspect White will try and build more through the high school draft for the 23 class. If we could just keep the mass exodus to 1-3 players a year . . .
Monkdawg
Atowndawg said:

As a six-8 type player, I will take it. If we can get the other three guys that we have heard about, get a guy like Reed, and add a couple more over the summer, we should be better on paper.
Reed and Anselem would help our roster immensely. We need inside guys who can defend and score in the paint.

I like Roberts a lot; he looks very athletic at PG. Hill is kind of an unknown quantity. And we really can't know much about Holt because he didn't play much.

Still, I think White and staff are doing fine so far in gathering talent.
PaulWesterdawg
He's easily a 10 pts and 6 REb guy with a few more min. And minutes is what we have.

Put some meat on him and get solid production. This is solid.
Monkdawg
I think he brings a great deal of defense to UGA. And scoring at the clip you mention would be great. We certainly are going to need scoring.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.