Well folks, the Northwestern game was a

963 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
disaster. We played terribly. TOs, poor shooting, bad defense - not a good effort at all.
dawglegright
8 missed free throws

Northwestern was 13-13.
Dawg44
I was proud of how our players didn't quit. They cut a 24 point deficit down to ten. And have several good chances to cut it to two points. There was some really good defense during that long stretch of the game. I hope we continue to improve in every area. Especially shooting.
REDdawg12
I agree. I have noticed this team fights hard. They might not be the most talented team but they bust their tails. That in and of itself might not translate to many wins, but it's at least nice to see a team work hard.
SidViciousDawg
Dawg44 said:

I was proud of how our players didn't quit. They cut a 24 point deficit down to ten. And have several good chances to cut it to two points. There was some really good defense during that long stretch of the game. I hope we continue to improve in every area. Especially shooting.

Cut it from 24 to 10, we did. "Several good chances to cut it to two" WHAT???
Monkdawg
Yes, they didn't quit, and could have cut the lead under 10, but it should never have gotten that bad. We are an experienced team. I'd like to see us play like it. Except for Oquendo and Bridges, the shooting was horrendous. Ingram 2-7, JAR 1-7, Cook 4-12. 23% shooting in the 1st half and 8% (you read that right) from 3. 14 TOs. That's just not gonna cut it. OK, we won the second half by 4, but that's small consolation when you lose the 1st by 20.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.