Preseason rankings

980 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Now, let's look at last year's predictions: (From Saturday Down South, the first I could locate)

1. UK
2. TN
3. FL
4. LSU
5. Bama
6. Mizzou
7. S.C.
8. Arky
9. Tx A&M
10. Auburn
11. Ole Miss
12. UGA
13. MSU
14. Vandy

And the final finish:

1. Bama
2. Arky
3. LSU
4. TN
5. FL
6. Ole Miss
7. Mizzou
8. UK
9. MSU
10. UGA
11. Aub
12. S.C.
13. Tx A&M
14. Vandy

Not much of a correlation, really. Pre-season rankings mean nothing. They are just a way to get people to talk. Could we finish last? It's possible. Could we be significantly better? Sure. No one has seen this team play. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how they will do until I see them with my own eyes.
SidViciousDawg
Not much of a correlation? Of the predicted top eight… seven of them finished in the top eight. Only SC finished lower. Of the bottom six… 5 of them finished in the bottom six. Only Ole Miss finished higher.
dawglegright
Top 8, huh

So UK going from 1 to 8 is a good projection / outcome?
Monkdawg
I guarantee the media knew a lot more about those prior projected last place teams than they know about us. Hell, we fans who are closest to the program can't possibly know what this team will be like. All predictions are just pure shots in the dark.
SidViciousDawg
dawglegright said:

Top 8, huh

So UK going from 1 to 8 is a good projection / outcome?

Still, 7 of the predicted top 8 finished in the top 8.
5 of the predicted bottom 6 finished in the bottom 6.
There's clear correlation. I don't think there's a human on earth who thought Kentucky would finish eighth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.