NO MORE EXCUSES UGA!!!

2,652 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BIGKNINE1
50G
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope that our players and coaches watched the national championship game and learned from it. Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman, that I wanted at UGA, made the right plays in the biggest moment. Clemson made the referees a non factor. There were no excuses about the different defensive coverages and blitzes from Alabama. They found a way to overcome that. They found a way to put a team away and not let them steal the game. Alabama used both quarterbacks again, but guess what, it didn't work. All quarterbacks can throw and run, so that can't be our excuse for losing games. We need to coach up these players to do their jobs, have creativity on offense and defense, stop making mistakes on special teams, finish a team off, make proper coaching adjustments, and stop making excuses and whining! Nobody will give UGA anything. It must be earned but won't be until we win! We have to make it happen, just like Clemson did last night.
Haney
Yep, agree. Clemson flat out beat Bama last night, the early pick 6 really did seem to set the stage after Bama stopped Clemson 3 and out to start the game. It was funny to watch Bama NOT get any calls, even calls that were obvious-couple PI class for sure should have been called-but nothing. At the same time, NO WAY is Clemson 28 points better than Bama, much in the same way no way was LSU 20 points better than us. That was a game where one team could do no wrong, the other team abandoned their run game (like us at LSU) turned the ball over, and then it snowballed.

I do think it takes a little luster off Bama-between what we almost did to them and what Clemson did to them. We might be seeing the end of the Bama dominance-next year will be interesting for sure. We finish the final poll tied with-are you kidding me, UF for #7. I think preseason we will be 3-4-5 spot, let's see how a more experienced and hopefully humble UGA team responds.
Darindawg
When you have 4 DLmen that are all going to play in the NFL, you can beat anybody. The good news is, people will probably be saying that about our OLine this coming season.
Anyway, as most of you know, Lawrence is a family friend of my family...him and my cousin are best friends. I met the kid, great kid, I knew he had success written all over him. I would have probably taken him over Fields in a heartbeat...but that bird has sailed. He's gonna be great for 2 more years then off to the NFL he will go. We have to work with what we got...and we got alot. We're talented and I agree with the OP.....we don't need to make excuses....just do what we do and win. We do that pretty well. The last 3 times we played Bama, I think we were the better team, but some crazy stuff (the ill-fated Conelly catch, bad refing, stupid fake punt, etc. etc.) have let it slip away.
But just remember....last year...JUST LAST YEAR, Bama took Clemson to the woodshed in the playoffs. So....in one season, things can change. I got a feeling they are going to change for us...but for the better. That's my two cents on it.
Haney
I think Lawrence might challenge the NFL rule about playing 3 years, he is the most pro ready prospect I have ever seen at the QB position, he has it all and so I can see him trying to get to the NFL ASAP, I see one more year for him, but had even heard they might petition for it after this year.

That defense did a great job, disguising blitzes and coverage (much like we did against Tua) and that pick 6 to start set the tone-as did the series where Bama got the penalty at the 1 that ended up resulting in only a FG. TL and his WR's were amazing-the WR's made some GREAT catches but he also made some incredible throws. Where I was most surprised was the LOS, the Clemson OL totally controlled Bama and Bama didn't try to bring heat on the kid as I thought they would. I knew the Clemson DL would put pressure on any QB, but the disguising coverage/blitzes really through off Tua and it showed, and the play callling down in the redzone for Bama was not good at all I think. The fake FG was a horrible decision and also Bama had several obvious pass interference that should have gone their way but didn't-it was refreshing to see them not control the refs for a change.

Congrats to Clemson but it sucks that they have now won 2 out of last 3 years, we blew our chance last year, I just feel so snakebit as fan of UGA and Georgia sports in general. When is it going to be our turn FINALLY.
BIGKNINE1
We will be there when can get more points than the other team. But, looking at UGA vs OK, it gives me the goose bumps. It may take longer than long. I guess when someone convinces the players that no matter how fat/big a player is, he can be outsmart with "smarts", quickness, stamina, persistance, belief in oneslf, respect, tolerance, desire, correct thinking, and always with the end in mind.

Bama's players are. most of them, BIG/FAT/SLOW and rely on durty stuff at times to outplay smaller opponents. But, with those obejectives in mind as above, it can be done. Clemson's players were smaller in stature, but BIG/FAST/QICK/ and believed in tyhemselves. This is how that next step can be achieved by UGA players. Can the coaches be able to reach the great recruiting classes they have gotten for the last few years? We shall see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.