Filling up the rest of this class

4,169 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Haney
apmdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dean, or any of the other recruitniks out there, what other recruits do you think we get between now and Feb.? Maybe some good recruiting news will help get the bad taste of the Sugar Bowl out of our mouths.
dawgpostsucks
2019 4* CB Tyrique Stevenson, 6'0.5", 202 lbs. from Miami, FL is expected to commit to UGA this Saturday during the 2019 All-American Bowl in San Antonio, TX. Note that he's an early enrollee and UGA's 2019 Spring Semester classes begin on Wednesday, 9 January.

Fwiw, some UGA targets for college football's NLI regular signing period beginning on Wednesday, 6 February 2019 are 5* OT Darnell Wright and 4* OG Doug Nester (Ohio State commit) from Huntington, WV, and 4* CB Kaair Elam from North Palm Beach, FL. Fwiw, some folks feels that UGA has expressed interest in 4* WR George Pickens (Auburn commit) from Hoover, AL, even though he may be a JUCO candidate.
apmdawg
Thanks AFD. Are we assuming Haselwood is going elsewhere?
dawgpostsucks
apmdawg said:

Thanks AFD. Are we assuming Haselwood is going elsewhere?
Yes, most folks think he'll sign w/ Oklahoma (his father's alma mater). Fwiw, on Saturday he's supposed to announce his commitment at the 2019 All-American Bowl in San Antonio, TX, then will enroll early at his school of choice.
Haney
Good stuff AFD and I have heard similar about Tyrique, which will continue our pipeline of South Fla DB's, along with Divaad Wilson who looks like a baller with how he played against Texas.

I think the key to the rest of the signing class will be how many kids leave the program heading elsewhere or to the NFL. That will tell us how many spots we actually have remaining. AFD, you hearing who might go-if I had to guess it would be like this-

Nauta-90% gone (strong TE class, probably should stay)
Ridley-99% gone (NFL ready, probably not getting any better staying-could be drafted early)
Mecole-40% gone (not ready, but very confident kid)
Holyfield-55% gone (weak RB class)
Reed-50% gone (has his degree sooo)
Hot Rod-20% gone (also has degree and could make a roster I think)

Of course Fields is 99% gone, Gibbs is probably 100% gone, backup punter should be placed on medical disqualification, several other kids could certainly also choose to move on.
dawgpostsucks
Haney said:

Good stuff AFD and I have heard similar about Tyrique, which will continue our pipeline of South Fla DB's, along with Divaad Wilson who looks like a baller with how he played against Texas.

I think the key to the rest of the signing class will be how many kids leave the program heading elsewhere or to the NFL. That will tell us how many spots we actually have remaining. AFD, you hearing who might go-if I had to guess it would be like this-

Nauta-90% gone (strong TE class, probably should stay)
Ridley-99% gone (NFL ready, probably not getting any better staying-could be drafted early)
Mecole-40% gone (not ready, but very confident kid)
Holyfield-55% gone (weak RB class)

Of course Fields is 99% gone, Gibbs is probably 100% gone, backup punter should be placed on medical disqualification, several other kids could certainly also choose to move on.
Haney,

Fwiw, Anthony Dasher mentioned the same players you did, other than Rodrigo, in his latest column here:

https://uga.rivals.com/news/the-dashboard-68
Haney
Well, Nauta is gone now, and I am hearing that Mecole and Holyfield will leave as well.

So now I will make the predictions again-

Nauta-100% (just declared)
Ridley-99%
Mecole 90%
Holyfield 90%
Reed-50% (although he has graduated-this one is tough to call)
Hot Rod-20% (again just because he has graduated but think he comes back)

Now Fields is gone officially and we will wait to see what other players leave the program. I believe we will get Stevenson and Elam, and potentially another OL to finish up the 2019 class. Also, you can never rule out a grad transfer, both leaving us (Herrien has been rumored here) or coming here.
dawgpostsucks
Haney said:

AFD, you hearing who might go-if I had to guess it would be like this-

dawgpostsucks
Haney said:

AFD, you hearing who might go-if I had to guess it would be like this-

Haney
Nice to have Reed back, I think he was truly 50-50 and that is why he waited a couple days later to announce, but I think he might have gotten the best draft grade out of all the kids declaring if what I read is right. We need leaders for 2019 and JR Reed will be the defensive leader for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.