When will the UGA 'way' on O start hurting recruiting?

2,272 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DevilDawg0259
Darindawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hear my out here....

Ok, Fromm is a great QB, we've yet to see what Fields can do, but I'm worried....
Let's face it, we're a well oiled machine right now. The smallest guy right now on our second string OL is Baker at a scrawny 310...Hill, Shaffer, Salyer and Johnson are all 320+. That's the SECOND string! Fromm said in an article, he's got the best seat in the house, just sitting back watching that gang of juggernauts turn the opposing DLine into astroturf pancake. We're 4 deep at RB and Herrien could start for every other SEC team except maybe Bama and LSU and we'd be FIVE deep if White hadn't got hurt. He'll back next season along with Demery, #2 RB in the nation. Holy Cow! So here's my fear...

When are all of these 5 star QBs that want to sling the ball around and get 400 yards a game and all of these star-studded WRs throughout the land gonna look at what we've become and raise an eyebrow? We're carbon copy of last season already....we just line up and pulverize DLines and ground and pound them with one RB after the other. Are these kids gonna start looking at places that air it out more?

I'm no coach, but I'd like to see a game where we go out of our way to just let it be an exercise in pass blocking for the OL and let Fromm throw for about 400 yards, just to show the nation and recruits that we CAN do that...and more importantly, that we WANT to do that...not just when we HAVE too (reference the Rose bowl).

Yeah, I know, we got Blaylock committed and it looks like it's not hurting us yet. But the only QB we got coming in so far is the athlete kid from LA. Meanwhile, Clemson will have ol Lawrence slinging it for about 350 a game before the season ends...just a feelun...

So is this just a needless fear or will this really start making it harder to land the QBs and WRs in the future?

RedDawg
Kirby was a main cog in the recruiting machine that produced eight #1 recruiting classes in ten years at his former stop. If such a time ever comes that our recruiting fall apart, I'll start to worry about that. But that time doesn't appear to be coming any time soon.
DevilDawg0259
It won't hurt our recruiting. Kids want to play for a winning team. Julio Jones came through Alabama when they were very run heavy and now he's tabbed as a Top 5 receiver in the NFL. Our offense isn't scaring anyone away. If we keep winning, they'll keep lining up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.