Athlon Sports predicts UGA, Clemson to meet in 2018-'19 College Football Playoffs

1,731 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedDawg
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fwiw, they also predict Alabama will beat UGA in the 2018 SEC Championship Game, then the Tigers will beat the Dawgs in the Orange Bowl (i.e., CFP Semifinal Game):

https://www.ajc.com/sports/athlon-sports-predicts-georgia-clemson-meet-college-football-playoffs/Gzsb0ScRjKLz6ZHu8iFmTN/
dawgpostsucks
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/why-georgia-will-or-wont-make-college-football-playoff-2018

Why Georgia Will or Won't Make the College Football Playoff in 2018
By Nick Cole
12 July 2018
Alapahablue1
If an SEC team loses in the SEC CG, I don't believe they can make the round of four.
Darindawg
I think we play Clemson after we beat Bama in the SECCG. Then we play the winner of Michigan vs UCF or maybe the winner of the Texas/Oklahoma game for the whole ball of wax. Another couple of darkhorses is South Carolina and Miami.
RedDawg
Alapahablue1 said:

If an SEC team loses in the SEC CG, I don't believe they can make the round of four.
That mostly depends on a couple of things: 1) how high was the SEC CG loser ranked going into the game and 2) how many other teams finish with the same number or fewer losses.

If we're sitting there at 12-1 with the only loss to an undefeated Bama in the SEC CG, and there are only two (or fewer) other teams with 0 or 1 loss, we're in. If we're 11-2 with a loss in the regular season and the SEC CG, we're almost certainly out.

It just all depends on the season. You could have one of those years where there are 3 or 4 undefeated teams (maybe Bama, Ohio St, Oklahoma, & Notre Dame all go undefeated). Or you could have one of those wacky years like 2007 where everyone has 2 or more losses.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.