Giving Dawg Post another try

4,326 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by StalkinDawg
PGJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been away for a while on the Dawgnation site, but that forum has become so glitchy I don't think I can stand it any more. There is a 19 page thread dedicated to technical issues with their forum and nothing seems to be getting fixed. Looking forward to catching up with some of the old-timers here.
RedDawg
Welcome back! Over the last few months, this site has been deader than dead. I have no idea where everyone went, but I tried to stir up some conversation several weeks ago and got zilch. Maybe you can change that.
StalkinDawg
Good to see you around here PG! Not much has changed, 99% of the posters are over on The Porch. You should try it out.
PGJ
Man, you aren't kidding...this place is dead.
StalkinDawg
Yeah but the Porch aint. We've got an All Day Recruiting Chat going on right now.
RedDawg
StalkinDawg said:

Yeah but the Porch aint. We've got an All Day Recruiting Chat going on right now.
There are several reasons why I don't subscribe to the porch. One is that non-subscribers can't even read posts there. I can understand making "premium" content available only to subscribers, but general posts? Please. Another is that while I can't say for sure since I'm not a subscriber, I strongly suspect that even the pay site has advertising. Do one or the other - either subscription or ads. Don't do both.
StalkinDawg
Naw, no advertising
Haney
This board is pretty much dead and I hate that because I don't want to pay to talk about UGA. I get paying for news etc, that is how Dean and others make a living and I respect it, but there is very few places where you can just share your opinion about UGA football (or other sports) and get some give or take etc. I do visit other boards and you can get some information from the posts etc, but you can't post unless you subscribe which I am just not going to do-can I afford it, yeah, I could if I wanted to but I don't. I am a cheap SOB and just want to read/discuss UGA. A shame this board has fallen off.
GAinLA
Should pick up some when practice starts.

StalkinDawg
Gotta get all the old posters to come back.
Haney
Most people only have time/energy for one board, and if they are paying for another board/site, no way they come back to the free site-or not many. I will be here and respond to posts I feel like responding to, maybe even start a few here or there but I just don't expect much volume here honestly.
StalkinDawg
This new version of Dawgpost is somewhat similar to the old Dawgpost in that you have the premium forum and the free board. The layouts different but after using it for over a year I've found it to be user friendly. No reason this free board can't be as successful as the old free board. Just needs participants.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.