Khayla McPherson named Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year

2,680 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Khayla was named the Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year. She averaged 23 points per game and she played the last two with a broken wrist if my information is right. She is an outstanding scorer in which she had one game were she scored 64 points. Congrats to Khayla and I am not sure who were second and third choices were. I am assuming Olivia Cochran, Jayvn Nicholson, Raven Johnson, Anaya Boyd and Genesis Bryant all were considered. I know the Staff have offered Khayla. We will have to wait and see if the AJC will have a different Miss Georgia. Madison Hayes was named Miss Tennessee Basketball. Madison is definitely one I want at UGA. In the past, Landers would go get a player like Madison to come to UGA. I am thinking of Pam Irwin and Rachel Powell and Jasmine James with Jasmine Hassell. We had great success with all of them. I don't think Madison goes to Tennessee because they already have at least four playing her position. Would be great if the staff could land her. She is AAU Teammate of Olivia Cochran and Raven Johnson. In a lot of cases young ladies like to go to the same college as their AAU Teammates. Let's keep and eye on this one.
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Deasia Merrill was named the Tip-off Club Miss Georgia Basketball. So we have a split in Miss Georgia. Olivia Cochran was very disappointed that she didn't get Miss Georgia or the 4A Player of the year after leading Carver of Columbus to the 4A State Championship. I also think it is very rare for a player to lead a team to a perfect season the way that Cochran did. Also I was disappointed that the committee's who selected Miss Georgia didn't think Raven Johnson didn't deserve it. Just think for a minute, she is a true freshman and leads Westlake to the 7A State Championship which is very rare considering the other four starters were transfers who also was playing their first year at Westlake. But what is even more rare, she lead a team to the state championship her sophomore year with a completely different team. I have never heard of that, usually takes a couple of years playing together to win a championship. It's like Raven is getting respect from around the country but not in the state of Georgia. Right now Raven is trying to do something that has only been done once in the largest Classification and that is to win four state championship in her career. The last time this was done was Lowndes from 76 to 80 if my memory serves me right. They were led by Pam Johnson and that team I think won a state record 118 straight games. When it comes to recruiting, I will take Olivia Cochran first over any player in Georgia and Raven Johnson would be second.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.