Somo Okolo

968 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Somo Okolo is a 6'1" Wing who is a great athlete and her stock is growing every day. Somo was offered by UGA May 1st and she visited UGA this past weekend. This is another player who could really help our program get back to elite. I looked at some of her highlights and one of her teammate lob the ball and she just missed dunking it. She is some kind of leaper.
mmixon
I found some more highlights of Soma and she is a very good player who is flying under the radar. She could be a steal for Coach Abe and staff. I think she is a WNBA player down the road. UGA is one of her better offers with Georgia Tech. The fact that she took an official visit to UGA this past weekend says she is very interested. She is from Texas and they have always produced great high school girls. She is an outstanding defensive player who can play offense. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one. I forgot that I had posted Soma information last April. She has a 35 inch vertical leap which is unbelievable for a young lady. Soma Okolo, Zhen Craft and Aubrey Beckham would be an outstanding class, especially if we can find a center around 6'4" are above.
mmixon
Soma has narrowed her list down to 6 schools and UGA is among them. The other schools are Rutgers, Washington, Iowa State, Miami and North Carolina. The Ladydawgs have a really good chance with Soma and I would definitely like to get back into the state of Texas recruiting. Texas has a lot of talent year after year.
mmixon
Soma has committed to Miami. Hate we lost her because she is an outstanding athlete.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.