It's going to be a long season

1,471 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Slappy Sloppy15
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bates 0,Chatman 0, Isaac 0, Nicholson 2 and Zoesha Smith 4, that is not going to beat anyone. Once NC State coach figured those players don't want to shoot the ball. Coach Abe might as well pull those players off the bench and go with them because these players that Joni left just aren't D1 basketball players. NC State wasn't even guarding the forwards at the free throw line except for Brittney Smith. If you can't hit a free throw you shouldn't be playing basketball. Coach Abe will have to hit the transfer portal and I would be looking in every division trying to find shooters. This is going to probably the worst season in Ladydawgs basketball history since Andy Landers took over.
RaleighDawg
Maybe you are right. That was the first UGA game I've seen this year. But I watch or go to every NCSU game and I thought UGA looked pretty good. Yes shooting was not the strong part of the team. But I thought the defense was strong and something they can build on.
caejal44
Statistically, our worst season was when we went 16-15 back in 2016-2017. We're currently 8-2.

It was frustrating to see us lose the big lead, but NC State is a pretty good team.
mmixon
I should have explained better than I did. Once NC State coach realized that there was certain players just shooting the ball UGA offense was easy to stop. Javyn Nicholson, Maury Bates and Jordan Isaac were given the ball numerous times at the free throw line and Javyn finally took her only shot from there. But you could tell that she didn't want to take it. Cory Chatman got inside the free throw line 3 different times and tried to make 3 foot passes and all 3 resulted in turnovers. Zoesha Smith is trying to get a layup almost every time and scores once every 4 times. By them not shooting the ball, Battles, Warren and Alicia Lewis are getting the focus of the defense and can't get open. It will just get tougher and tougher for them to score and in the SEC you got big guards on almost every team. I just can't see this team winning in the SEC unless those players find some offense. They don't have to score 20 a night, but they do have to make people guard them.
Slappy Sloppy15
mmixon said:

I should have explained better than I did. Once NC State coach realized that there was certain players just shooting the ball UGA offense was easy to stop. Javyn Nicholson, Maury Bates and Jordan Isaac were given the ball numerous times at the free throw line and Javyn finally took her only shot from there. But you could tell that she didn't want to take it. Cory Chatman got inside the free throw line 3 different times and tried to make 3 foot passes and all 3 resulted in turnovers. Zoesha Smith is trying to get a layup almost every time and scores once every 4 times. By them not shooting the ball, Battles, Warren and Alicia Lewis are getting the focus of the defense and can't get open. It will just get tougher and tougher for them to score and in the SEC you got big guards on almost every team. I just can't see this team winning in the SEC unless those players find some offense. They don't have to score 20 a night, but they do have to make people guard them.
Couldn't have been anymore wrong. But that's a good thing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.