Ladydawgs starting to get banged up

1,499 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by caejal44
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ladydawgs cruised to an easy win but we are getting injuries that are concerning. Coach Abe daughter left the game after possibly reinjuring her knee and I can't remember if Diamond Battles had the leg brace on in the first half. Will somebody help me with that. I am disappointed with Chloe Chapman offense at this point and Flournoy needs to find her shot as well. The guard from Texas just needs to be more selective on her shots. This team has to score as a team because we don't have that All American who can get you 20 points every night.
caejal44
Unfortunately, these injuries are occurring at spots where we don't have a lot of depth. Anybody know what is going on with Lewis?

I think I see Niblack and Ingram in street clothes on the sidelines. Didn't see Isaacs last night, but she played Monday night.
Dawg44
I know Issacs was out with the flu last night. Battles has been wearing this massive brace every game so far.
mmixon
I had to look at some photos to realize who Niblack was and we missed Isaac a lot. Hope Jordan flu doesn't linger and she can return soon. Diamond wore just the sleeve on her leg the first half and she wore the brace over the sleeve the second half. I am hoping Niblack and Ingram will playing in December.
caejal44
Henderson was back last night, which was a very good sign. Flournoy and Henderson in the backcourt will be fun to watch over the next few years.

Last night was easily our most complete game so far. I definitely liked what I saw. The competition steps up a level for the next couple of weeks. We need to continue to play hard on both ends of the court.

Win or lose, I hope we don't get too down on the players. Some message boards are struggling with balancing criticism and toxicity.
mmixon
Caejal44, I agree with everything you said. I like the way Coach Abe is teaching all the players to play within the system. I definitely see improvement from all of the players from last season. The big thing now is to get as many of the 2024 recruits at games as possible. Why wouldn't you want to play in this system.
Slappy Sloppy15
What are the injuries for NiBlack and Lewis?
caejal44
Not sure on either. Niblack had a knee injury last year, and Lewis might be related to eligibility since she already transferred once previously from Syracuse to UCF and didn't have to sit out a season. Just speculation at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.