Coach Taylor

3,406 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by caejal44
caejal44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another off season, another rumor of Coach Taylor leaving. This time it's her being the front runner for the job at Texas A&M.

If this happens, this would not be so great for our bright future. Do our three commits look elsewhere? Do we get hit hard by the transfer portal? Who do we get to replace Taylor?

I know some on here aren't the biggest Taylor fans, but the prospect of potentially starting over next season isn't sitting well with me.
Dawg44
Hearing it's a done deal. Joni got a huge raise plus her husband can be in her staff there. Can't at Georgia. I think we lose all of our great players. Very sad news.
caejal44
Yep, it's done. Many thanks to Coach Taylor for revitalizing our program. I will root for you except when playing us.

Is Coach Newton interested in head coaching? Do we look at Coach Yo?
caejal44
And if we have transfers and decommits, I will be more than happy to add some more teams to my fandom. I understand that Taylor's personal approach to recruiting and coaching builds bonds that are hard to break. I hope we get lucky with player turnaround like we did seven years ago, but I would understand players leaving under the circumstance.
Slappy Sloppy15
I just hope Barker and Sydney still come, anybody else. Whatever. I wouldn't mind them going for that Jackson State coach.
caejal44
Ball Out is saying we are working a deal with Coach Yo.

Not sure how it would impact our current players or J. Barker, Bowles or Collins, but it should be a lot easier to sell Georgia than Ole Miss, and Coach Yo has done well in the transfer portal.
dawg212003
Sarah entered the portal. Wonder if she moves closer to home with all she's got going on.
Dawg44
And the purge begins.
caejal44
I thought SA would be the first in the portal. She was one of the most vocal about her relationship with Coach Taylor. I could see her at Alabama or Missouri if she doesn't end up at A&M.
dawg212003
They were wrong on that news. She's staying at Ole Miss.
caejal44
Wow, I just saw that she's staying. Welp. Let's resume the waiting game.
dawg212003
Lost commit Collins and not looking good to keep Janiah. Removed all UGA stuff from social media.
Slappy Sloppy15
dawg212003 said:

Lost commit Collins and not looking good to keep Janiah. Removed all UGA stuff from social media.
Dang, if that's the case she's a goner. And you can tell who really commits to the program/school and not just the coach in these instances. I hope I'm wrong.
dawg212003
Just decommitted.
Slappy Sloppy15
Yep, I think it will be the UCF coach they court next
caejal44
The UCF Coach did play for us for two seasons, so there's a little bit of a connection. She seems to be a really good coach, but the style of play is not the most fun to watch,
Dawg44
What style of play does she use?
caejal44
Well, she was coached by Landers and Stringer, so it's very defense minded and very physical, and she took the air out of the ball on the offensive side against UCONN, but that could've been more strategic for that particular team than a style. Some posters accuse her of coaching a borderline dirty system.

Basically, it's like what we had under Taylor with more physicality and a little slower pace (if this makes sense at all, lol), but she wins.
Slappy Sloppy15
Dawg44 said:

What style of play does she use?
Rugged and rough, just put it this way. The final score against South Carolina would be 44 to 40. As we know they play physical and tough.
caejal44
Yep, definitely would be rock fights with South Carolina and a few other SEC teams.

It doesn't have to be pretty. A win is a win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.