Sydney Bowles has announced her

2,039 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tyree02
Tyree02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Commitment to Georgia!
caejal44
Awesome news! We have another outstanding recruiting class.
Dawg44
What player does Bowles compare too? Who does she remind you of?
atlflips
That is great news. Are we done for 2022 or is there anyone else we are still trying to sign?
bettaberedy
it's tough to make a comparison without hyperbole, but I'll give you her skillset, outside of the vague and outdated ESPNW scout.

Do it all triple threat wing.
Passing: cannon for an arm on the long ball, and in the half court. really good on post entry passes and knows how to create shots for others. a problem in transition with her understanding of opening and closing passing lanes
Dribble: can start the break or finish it. in the half court, can get to the rim with Hesi's and crosses against the bigger/slower defenders but knows how to use her size and power to bully smaller guards into the paint and finish with both hands. will post up small guards without hesitation.
Shooting: quick pickup + high release. Dangerous 3pt shooter on stand still catch and shoot threes. will have minimal trouble adjusting to the College 3pt line. adept at creating space and pulling up in the midrange from the FT line to the elbow to the baseline

high skillset shot maker who can get her own offense or create offense for others
her strength and physicality will make her transition to the college game easier and offers the ability to go small with her at the 4 or big with her at the 2 on defense she is a menace in the passing lanes with her length and instincts and the ability to defend 1-4 against most teams.

versatile is the best description I can give you.

High School highlights Link
Tyree02
Still blows my mind that they left her off the McDonald's AA roster. She has been eating all year long for Woodward. Saw some film of the game from last night and her play was nothing short of remarkable. That crossover, step back three she had on a defender was sickening. I felt for ol' girl because she played solid defense on Syd.
Dawg44
Thanks for the info on her. I can't wait to watch her play.
bettaberedy
last summer she struggled through an injury on a new travel team in a role on the court she wasn't comfortable with. Her struggles at Nike nationals in July '21 kept her off the roster because she didn't really explode on that national stage. Alas, she'll have a shot at early minutes and a chance across a 4/5 yer period to silence those doubters. P.S. she was amongst the first 4 to not make the roster.
Tyree02
I seriously hate that they look at the summer and I did hear she struggled a bit on the trail, but Georgia knew what she could do from years of recruiting her. Syd has rolled back into form during the high school season. Can't wait to see her take the floor for UGA. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear how close she was to making the roster.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.