Players of Interest

4,777 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tyree02
atlflips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking forward to the new season. Any updates on how recruiting is going for 2022. Any players we are hoping to get and they have an interest in us?
Dawg44
Great questions. Tyree?
caejal44
Don't know how up to date this is, but this blog is usually pretty good. I believe Dunn and Latson might have visited recently.

https://wbbblog.com/georgia-womens-basketball-recruiting/2/
caejal44
We made the top 7 for Talaysia Cooper per her Twitter. Top 20 recruit in ESPN's rankings.
caejal44
We also made the top 5 for Janiah Barker. She's the #2 ranked player per ESPN's rankings for 2022.
Dawg44
Thanks caejal
Tyree02
Janiah will end up at Ole Miss or UGA! My source is very reliable on this one.
caejal44
Getting Barker would be huge for either program, but of course, I hope it's us!!! The 2022 class could be one of the better ones we've ever had.
caejal44
We got a commitment from Tineya Hylton yesterday, a pg out of Canada.
atlflips
Do we have any updates as to what players are leaning toward coming to UGA?
caejal44
I don't have any inside info on who is leaning where, but I saw on the UGA wbb fans twitter page that Talaysia Cooper is supposed to be visiting this weekend. She would be a huge recruiting win.
Tyree02
The visit is looming large, but she is visiting next weekend. We are her last visit and had the lead for her going into them. She was visiting Columbia this past weekend. Let's hope Dawn didn't sway her. She will be in Athens from October 8th-10th.
caejal44
Oh, her visit is next weekend. My bad! I don't want to spread any bad info on here. I am certain she would be an awesome addition to the team if she chooses us.

Tyree, do you know if we will be hosting any of the other 2022 prospects or have they already visited at this point?
Tyree02
Syd Bowles and Janiah Barker are in Athens the following weekend of October 15th-17th.
I wouldn't be surprised if Flaujae visited this weekend. When I conversed with my source she had yet to schedule her official and this was before she dropped her top 5. Most already knew what her top was before she publicly announced it. I don't think we have the means to take all four others and Tineya Hylton. Tineya will join the team in December, which is mid season-ish. She will be a very nice addition with this year's team and she should make an immediate impact for us.
Tyree02
Talaysia Cooper was in Athens, Georgia this weekend with her parents and AAU Coach, Ashley Rivens. Coach Rivens coached Reigan Richardson as well. Richardson and Cooper played together on the circuit and worked out together with Coach Rivens. Hopefully we maintained the lead. We had a lead for her going into the her four visits. South Carolina scares me for her though and she is from the Palmetto State. We had the final visit for Cooper and I am hoping she makes Athens her home in the end!
Dawg44
Always appreciate your info. Thanks.
Tyree02
Janiah Barker and Sydney Bowles was in Athens this past weekend. Looks like the visit went really well for the Dawgs! She would be one of the greatest players we have landed since Tasha Humphrey. She would really impact UGA, like Aja Wilson impacted South Carolina.
trey12madd
Thanks for the update @Tyree02! Any idea on when either will announce?
Tyree02
In the next couple of weeks we should know where we stand. Syd and Janiah are a packaged deal.
Tyree02
Stay tuned Dawg Nation we should know something very soon!
caejal44
I am very interested to see who was the reason for Joni's tweet yesterday.
Tyree02
I wish I could tell you all, but I promised that I wouldn't say anything
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.