UGA vs. GA TECH Post Game thoughts

2,248 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dawg212003
LadyDawgFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
  • Joni got severely outcoached by Nell. This is a Tech team that does have some very talented international talent, but they lost their best two players to transfer from a season ago. There is no reason we should lose by thirty-three (33!) points in Athens to them.
  • We did a very poor job defending, especially the three. Yes, they shot an impressive 12-21 and Pan has a deadly, quick release, but I still felt like we could have done a better job defending them from three. Fletcher was getting into the paint at will, and either took a pull-up or found an open teammate, as she had seven assists.
  • We're going to need more from Staiti if we want to make any type of push in the SEC. 3-12 from the floor will not cut it. She did have nine points and two blocks and looked solid defensively, but we will need her to shoot better than 25% from the floor.
  • We didn't have much of an offense going today. I'm just going to say it: we miss Taja Cole, badly. She may not have the best scoring player, but she knew how to run a team and make things happen. We had 6 assists to 19 turnovers. The offense was just a wreck.
  • I had some higher expectations that Isaacs and Nicholson would be big contributors for us, but that was not the case today. It'll take them some time, but I think they'll get there eventually. Chapman was of course dialed into soccer for the entire off season, but we'll need some contributions from her as well.
  • That was our first loss to Georgia Tech in Athens, and it wasn't a pretty one.
  • I really hope we can land some of the in-state talent in the 2021 class, and, if not, it may be time for Joni to go.
mmixon
In the last two years we have lost Taja, Caliya and McKenzie, our three best players. With recruiting, we haven't replaced them. So we are in a bad place right now and this year it want get better. We have two transfers that can't play which would help some. I think going forward, Nicholson would be a good contributor on both ends and Isaac's would be a good defender. Chapman has got to work on her offense. I don't like the fact that she is playing Soccer which will hold back the development of her game. Right now we will just have to keep Hose as the back up point guard. When I look at the SEC so far, this could be the worst season since before Andy Lander's took over. That is not good at all. With such a disastrous season possible, the kids in 2021 will be thinking I might not want to be a part of that. We are in a bad place right now. Our last RPI last season was over 100 and that was with Taja and Caliya, that was the first time we finished that high since they have been doing the RPI System. Personally, this season is going like I thought it would, I am not trying to be negative, but you have to have top level talent and a system that wins in the game of basketball. Just look what Tom Crean and the Men's basketball Team is doing with recruiting. He has the people to sell his vision. He has a staff that sold Anthony Edwards. I just hope Joni hasn't waited to late. You have to get the best out of Georgia and not what's left.
dawg212003
This team is headed in the wrong direction. Really sad to see. Doesn't look like there is much player development.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.