Joe Scott hired as a UGA Men's Basketball Assistant Coach

7,033 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monkdawg
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://georgiadogs.com/news/2018/4/19/mens-basketball-joe-scott-joins-bulldogs-coaching-staff.aspx

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/georgias-tom-crean-finally-settles-on-a-second-assistant-coach

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33100&ATCLID=210972235
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Critdawg
Thought Goodman took a shot at him in the tweet after that.
dawgpostsucks
Critdawg said:

Thought Goodman took a shot at him in the tweet after that.
dawgpostsucks
Monkdawg
Hey, Goodman is just telling it like it is. Crean has a reputation. He's having a hard time hiring another top level recruiter. It is what it is.
Monkdawg
Scott looks to be a great bench coach hire. Tons of experience. Good offensive and defensive mind.
Critdawg
I agree, you just don't see a national media member do that much.
Nostradawgus
Monk, pray tell this problem and reputation Crean is dealing with. I have heard the whispers that Hayes passed for more reasons than "professional advancement " reasons. But I have also heard that Crean is very akin to Kirby on work ethic - particularly in recruiting. So, these "rumors" can cut both ways. I'd welcome your insight on how you see it - or are hearing it.

And truly and verily anyone from ESPN can eat s**t in my book.
Klesko12
Nick Saban has never been a peach to work for but his system works. I think this same mentality can work here, just have to find someone that can accept things aren't always sunshine and rainbows when building a winner. What is it, don't ask to see how the sausage is made?
Monkdawg
Nostra, I can't go into too much detail, and honestly I don't know a ton of details. Suffice to say that many, not just one or two, former assistants of Crean do not like him at all. Hate is actually the word they use. I am told that at least one said that, if Crean offers you a job, you need to immediately turn and run the other way. It's not about work ethic, as some have argued. It's about the creation of a bad, hostile or toxic work environment. This comes from people who would know.
Monkdawg
When 9 or 10 people/former assistants are complaining, there is likely a problem. Coaches are used to working long hours. There is something else going on here. I just hope Crean has learned something from his year off.
Monkdawg
Very true.
Nostradawgus
Thanks monk.

Jesus, why can't we have nice basketball things....
Klc71
When we fired Fox I said at the time Crean was a Richard head. I am behind 100% unless he gives me reason not to be, but color me concerned.
jpzd33
Not calling you out Monk. But your source is over exaggerating. 9-10? That means nobody is going to like Crean. It's too much bull***** It's probably more along the lines of 3-4 and has been blown way out of proportion based on 1-2 of their comments Or else he'd never have been able to keep or higher any coaches. And he had a few that stuck w him from Marquette to IU and stayed basically throughout his entire tenure. He's also produced quite a few HCs including some very highly successful coaches. It doesn't add up
Monkdawg
One person I know indicated he spoke with 7 former assistants personally and another said he knows 2 personally. Now, there may be some overlap, i don't know. But that's still enough to make me concerned. Believe me, I'm behind Crean 100%, but if issues crop up in the future, we can't be surprised.
dawgpostsucks
Monkdawg
Good video. I like Scott....
dawgpostsucks
Teddybulldawg
Now, this is a deft tactician.
dawgpostsucks
Monkdawg
He's a sharp dude. I mean, he did go to Princeton....
SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg said:

Nostra, I can't go into too much detail, and honestly I don't know a ton of details. Suffice to say that many, not just one or two, former assistants of Crean do like him at all. Hate is actually the word they use. I am told that at least one said that, if Crean offers you a job, you need to immediately turn and run the other way. It's not about work ethic, as some have argued. It's about the creation of a bad, hostile or toxic work environment. This comes from people who would know.

Spot on here!!
SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg said:

When 9 or 10 people/former assistants are complaining, there is likely a problem. Coaches are used to working long hours. There is something else going on here. I just hope Crean has learned something from his year off.

Nope, guess not.
neKKiDawg
Sid, have you been in the State of Georgia a long time? If so, do you remember the old commercial, if you can't get help at Charter, get help somewhere?
Monkdawg
SidViciousDawg said:

Monkdawg said:

Nope, guess not.
I have said before that Crean would not have been my choice, but he is who we have. I happen to want the team to win, so I want Crean to succeed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.