Dwon Odom - PG from GSU

455 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Big G
UGAdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is in the portal. Odom is a 6'2'', 180 lb PG from Alpharetta. I like what little video I have seen on him. Very athletic and penetrates well. Was a top 50, 4-star recruit out of HS. Was ranked the #9 PG nationally and #3 player in GA according to 247sports I think this was the 2020 class. Played at Xavier and followed Jonas Hayes to GSU. I think he would be a nice piece to fill our PG need. He should be getting a look from us.
Monkdawg
UGAdawg said:

is in the portal. Odom is a 6'2'', 180 lb PG from Alpharetta. I like what little video I have seen on him. Very athletic and penetrates well. Was a top 50, 4-star recruit out of HS. Was ranked the #9 PG nationally and #3 player in GA according to 247sports I think this was the 2020 class. Played at Xavier and followed Jonas Hayes to GSU. I think he would be a nice piece to fill our PG need. He should be getting a look from us.
I've watched Odom play a lot over the last 2 years. He's athletic and can get to the basket pretty well, but he's a very limited shooter. In 2 years, I may have seen him make 2 3 pointers. I also doubt he would be happy coming off the bench. He would not be my choice, if it was up to me.
UGAdawg
Monkdawg said:

UGAdawg said:

I've watched Odom play a lot over the last 2 years. He's athletic and can get to the basket pretty well, but he's a very limited shooter. In 2 years, I may have seen him make 2 3 pointers. I also doubt he would be happy coming off the bench. He would not be my choice, if it was up to me.
I think you are probably right. He was a highly rated kid who would certianly be looking to start whereevr he went for his last year. I have not seen him play and do not recall him from his class cycle.I did see that his 3-point shot is limited. I guess I got a little bit too excited when I saw a former 4-star PG from GA available. Thanks for helping me calm down a little bit. I can understand why he may not want to come. I am sure the players they recruit will understand that Demary is the solid starter.
Fat Doc 18
I just looked at his stats for 23-24 on ESPN site and saw 42% from 3; 81.7 FT; 4.6 assists; 1.7 turnovers. I have never watched him and depend on your opinion about UGA mbb. If these #'s are close to correct I would be interested in having him here.
Monkdawg
Fat Doc 18 said:

I just looked at his stats for 23-24 on ESPN site and saw 42% from 3; 81.7 FT; 4.6 assists; 1.7 turnovers. I have never watched him and depend on your opinion about UGA mbb. If these #'s are close to correct I would be interested in having him here.
I'm just telling you that he's not a good perimeter shooter. He has a terrible looking shot. I don't see how in the world he could have a 42% from 3. I see now - he was 6 of 14 for the entire season, so he was smart enough not to take many of those shots. 81% FT is solid, though I recall him missing a few in some close games. Those assist numbers are probably a bit misleading. He had guys jacking up shots all around him. I will say that he did not play with any decent post players, which might make him a better player. But I still think we can do better.
Big G
Awesome athlete,he would give the team speed and that's needed in the SEC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.