Jabri in the portal.

636 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like a really smart young man. Wish him well. Not my favorite player....
BallDawg
I obviously do not know everything that went on behind the scenes, but I did not like his attitude towards this season. I feel like his "injury" could have been played through in the SEC and NIT tournament, but I think he was already one foot out the door. I felt like all season he would rather take a tough three, before passing it up. I think it is good ridance and there are much better mid-major players we could replace him with, and it would not cost much.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

I obviously do not know everything that went on behind the scenes, but I did not like his attitude towards this season. I feel like his "injury" could have been played through in the SEC and NIT tournament, but I think he was already one foot out the door. I felt like all season he would rather take a tough three, before passing it up. I think it is good ridance and there are much better mid-major players we could replace him with, and it would not cost much.
I don't know about any attitude issues. I think, whatever his injury was that took him to the bench, the staff noticed we played better without him on the floor. We would not have gotten as far in the NIT as we did with Jabri playing his normal minutes.
dawglegright
Silas, Blue, Dylan, RJ, and Frank left besides Mari.

Build around these guys!
Monkdawg
dawglegright said:

Silas, Blue, Dylan, RJ, and Frank left besides Mari.

Build around these guys!
Very surprised Melendez is still here. I like him, but his minutes were crazy weird late in the season. We can't know anything about Jordan; he's only been seen in practice. I have heard no reports at all on him. I really like the 3 freshmen who got minutes. Frank is a decent piece - an OK backup - certainly not irreplaceable. We need to find some difference-makers....
dawglegright
I'd take the five that we've seen play and feel good about building a roster around them, assuming they all want to return and understand their roles.
BallDawg
His girlfriend has gotten a job running the social media page at a newly constructed apartment complex downtown. I bet with her being comfortable with a good gig and enjoying school here he might be complacent with riding it out here and focusing on his future.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

His girlfriend has gotten a job running the social media page at a newly constructed apartment complex downtown. I bet with her being comfortable with a good gig and enjoying school here he might be complacent with riding it out here and focusing on his future.
I hope so. If we use him properly, he could be a valuable piece.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.