Abram commits

1,179 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by dawglegright
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
to Tech.... I hope he enjoys himself, not.... Still, we are going to build a winner. Either get on board or move outta the way....

Abram can go to Tech and get his ass handed to him in the ACC. We'll be fine. Hopefully, Lawrence will pull the trigger for us soon.
Nostradawgus
I assumed when Demary committed he wasn't coming to us.

Do you feel we still need a PG?
Monkdawg
Yes, I do. Hill is a PG; Demary is a combo who may be a PG in the future with some grooming. That's all we have. Right now, I think we are 1 short there IMO. We have tons of wings and not enough SGs. We have to get at least 1 SG. And I think, while we might be able to get by with what we have, we need another post - a big body, a rebounder - to complete the roster.
Nostradawgus
My kingdom for a shooter….and a maker
Dawg44
I'm surprised he wanted to be a "Liar and Cheater."
Monkdawg
Dawg44 said:

I'm surprised he wanted to be a "Liar and Cheater."
Some people fit right in....

Realistically though, once we signed Demary, Abram may have seen limited minutes as his future in Athens. That may have been his perception. I don't agree myself. I'm sure we bring in another PG (I don't think 1 PG and 1 combo are enough to get through a season) and another SG. We need more perimeter threats. We also need a post.

BTW, last season as a freshman, Abram averaged 8 PPG, 2 APG, and 2 RPG in 21 minutes per game. He also shot 36% from three-point range last season. Don't see those kinds of numbers as a big loss.
PaulWesterdawg
on abram the prevailing thought was that he was only 18. So the Year 2 upside was significant.
StevieBuckets
PaulWesterdawg said:

on abram the prevailing thought was that he was only 18. So the Year 2 upside was significant.
Yeah, Abram feels like a big miss to me. Tough to sugarcoat.

Hopefully White continues to plug holes.
dawglegright
He'll probably go to Tech and not like something and transfer again next year.

Seems to be the trend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.