3 schollies left

745 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by UgaFann
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who do we get?

Let's see - we have Hill and Demary now at PG; Jordan, Holt, Jabri and Melendez at SF; Moncrieffe, Anselem, James and Deloach in the post. No pure SGs on the roster and no really big body.

I suspect we get another PG (Abram, perhaps), a SG and a post to fill out the roster. I don't know if Jordan is more of a SG or more of SF. Haven't seen him play. I don't think Jabri handles the ball well enough or guards well enough to be a SG. Holt is not a SG. And Melendez looks like SF, too. Demary can play both guards but is not billed as a great outside shooter. James is likely the best offensive post, but he's got no bulk. MA is athletic but can't score and plays out of control. Frank has no offense. Deloach appears athletic but isn't a big scorer.

I think we are making significant upgrades to our overall talent. And we are starting to spread the classes out like we need to.

Can Asa Newell re-classify? If so, he is a 6'10" kid who can play anywhere. We are currently ranked about #19 in recruiting in the country. Landing Newell would put us around #10, I would think. If we can bring in Newell this year, I doubt we could sign another post - though we would still need bulk. We still need guards who can score from the perimeter.
StevieBuckets
I am thrilled that we're starting to see a little momentum - in the portal, and with high school recruiting. Need those Jimmys and Joes!
UgaFann
Thanks for the updates
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.