Jusaun Holt

3,774 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by UgaBoz53
dawg212003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just committed to UGA. Let's Go!

Nostradawgus
Appears to be quality depth for us at the SF spot.

Anybody got a scout report on him from HS or Bama?
dawg212003
I know he was a 4 star top 100 kid out of high school.
Monkdawg
  • Rated as a four-star prospect by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports
  • Rivals has him ranked as the No. 87 overall player in his class and the No. 22 small forward in the nation
  • Earned second team Region 6 Sub-Region B All-Region honors and selected to the Atlanta Journal Constitution North Fulton second team following his junior season
  • 247sports.com pegs him as the No. 24 small forward and the No. 5 overall player in Georgia
  • Ranked by ESPN as the No. 6 overall player in Georgia and the No. 27 player at his position
  • Helped lead St. Francis to consecutive Georgia Class A Private State Championship titles (2019 and 2020)
  • Averaged 21.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.4 steals per game on his way to earning second team all-state honors
  • Connected on 64 percent of his shots from the field and 36 percent from beyond the arc while hitting a team-leading 57 three-pointers (2.5 made threes per game)
  • As a junior, he averaged 12.9 points, 7.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per contest while leading the team in rebounds and three-pointers made (51) while ranking second on the team in scoring
  • First signee to join the Crimson Tide out of the Atlanta area since Collin Sexton signed in 2017
  • Chose Alabama over Xavier, Wake Forest, Miami, Georgia and Washington, among others
Nostradawgus
I had it in my mind he was a SF but it appears in HS and at Bama he was used as a perimeter swing guard kind of player. His freshman stats at Bama don't overwhelm but I have no idea what was in front of him. He was a private school single A big fish making a big jump. Appears he had a solid P5 offer list out of Hs.

ianhiding
So he averaged 0.7 points at Alabama? Sounds like a Crean player.
Monkdawg
ianhiding said:

So he averaged 0.7 points at Alabama? Sounds like a Crean player.
Off the top of my head, I don't recall any freshmen that contributed much at Bama last year. They had a very experienced team. But just remember, Holt will be a backup for us. He has to improve.

I looked at Bama's stats from last year, and the only freshman that made any real impact was the 5 star guard they had.
dawg212003
And Frazier avg 3.7 a game his freshman year. What's your point?
SidViciousDawg
Who is it we are sure Holt is playing behind?
PaulWesterdawg
reasonable to be skeptical. But a bit harsh on the Crean comparison.

We had a handful of guys on the roster last year that wouldn't have been recruited by Milton High School as seniors. This kid has upside. None of which materialized on a solid Bama team last year.

We need 2 of the big 3 outstanding as others have said. The guys at Syracuse, Clemson or UF...any 2 of those would make this a competent roster in year 1 with some reasonable class separation.
Monkdawg
Well, he's listed as a SG. If that is his position, he would be behind Oquendo.
SidViciousDawg
More of a 6'6 small forward. Living in Bham I follow Bama ball and follow their SECRANT page religiously as well. Holt's not a 2 guard.
Monkdawg
SidViciousDawg said:

More of a 6'6 small forward. Living in Bham I follow Bama ball and follow their SECRANT page religiously as well. Holt's not a 2 guard.
I'm just saying that was the position he was listed for. He can probably play the SF, too. Hard to say with the few amount of minutes he got last year with Bama. At SF, he would be behind Ingram, should he get the extra year (I assume he will). Whatever Holt's position, I don't see him being projected as a starter for us, but it will depend on what shows in practice.
SidViciousDawg
I'd pencil in Oquendo and Bridges as starters for sure, JAR as a pretty likely. All I'm saying is IMO, Holt will be competing with JAR, & Ingram if back, for minutes not Oquendo.
blackmountaindawg
Holt will not be competing with Ingram for minutes at the 4 position. Holt is a wing(2G/SmF).
Microwave
In my typical spring giddiness I hoped, especially after hiring Coach Pastrana, that we might lure two or three prospects that the staff had been pursuing while at Florida. I knew the odds weren't even 50 percent of doing that, but I subconsciously assumed it would happen. Guess not.

I really was not prepared for the prospect of three or four of our starters this coming year consisting of returnees from one of the worst teams in SEC history.
Nostradawgus
That's one view. And not one without merit.

I might counter that we're returning arguably the BEST four from a very disappointing team. And let's see what someone else can do with them. Like play just a little D, cut down on turnovers, etc.

I think two of the transfers in so far are worthy pieces. The third is still a pup.

Let's give White more than 45 days to take a swing at this thing.

Microwave
I'm just adjusting my own expectations for this year.

I know it sounds like a slam to call last year's team "one of the worst in SEC history," and I don't mean to belittle those players as human beings, I'm just talking about the fact that the conference won - loss record of that team was historically bad.

I expect team improvement from the new staff in terms of preparation, skill development, scheme, and in-game coaching and adjustments. I think we'll see our team play defense this year. I just think that without significant talent improvement, there is a limit to what we can expect in terms of SEC wins this year. I was hoping for 6 or so, now think 3 or 4 is more realistic.

Would love it if that turns out to be too pessimistic.

PaulWesterdawg
It's not too pessimistic at this point. But…this point is a long way from Nov.
Atowndawg
He is going to need a year for sure. My overarching concern is that we are not well positioned to win many head to head battles in the NIL era. Every big fish is still exchanging and swapping out guys right now. If Miami is offering 400K a year to guys, what are Duke, UK, and the rest offering/arranging? I cannot imagine we are the most lucrative place. So long as we set a standard (I.e. we don't offer everyone with a heartbeat) and retain most of our top guys, we are at least resetting our floor. Raising the ceiling may take some time.
Microwave
Yeah, at least this stuff is out in the open now. We are going to need some boosters to take an interest in our basketball program.
Microwave
It may be that not too much money would be required. I saw somewhere that women's basketball is second to football in likelihood to get a decent NIL contract, with men's basketball coming in third.
Monkdawg
Microwave said:

Yeah, at least this stuff is out in the open now. We are going to need some boosters to take an interest in our basketball program.
We have to do better in NIL to be competitive. Fans continue to support the team. Hopefully, fans can arrange a way to participate to help our NIL situation.
Monkdawg
It is now legal for these teams to do what they have always done in the past with paying players.
Microwave
Microwave
Microwave said:

I'm just adjusting my own expectations for this year.

I know it sounds like a slam to call last year's team "one of the worst in SEC history," and I don't mean to belittle those players as human beings, I'm just talking about the fact that the conference won - loss record of that team was historically bad.

I expect team improvement from the new staff in terms of preparation, skill development, scheme, and in-game coaching and adjustments. I think we'll see our team play defense this year. I just think that without significant talent improvement, there is a limit to what we can expect in terms of SEC wins this year. I was hoping for 6 or so, now think 3 or 4 is more realistic.

Would love it if that turns out to be too pessimistic.

My expectations for this team have already been satisfied. We have a good chance to win a few more, in which case I will be very pleased with these players and the coaching staff.
UgaBoz53
he is struggling
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.