Whew, that was bad.

874 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did anyone hear Crean doing a mea culpa on radio saying that he accepted responsibility for this loss. No kidding? He also said the team has to play better. Ya think? The SEC is loaded this year, and we could be about to reap the whirlwind....

On the plus side, I thought Dantzler did a very good job on the radio broadcast. His performance is somewhat offset by Dowdle's incompetence.
StevieBuckets
I always listen to Crean's comments while driving back home after the game. Honestly, there's not a single other thing he could have said last night. He sounded defeated - and he should be.

There's a lot to choose from in a game like that, but to me the most embarrassing (and telling) thing was our inability to stop the dribble. GW got whatever they wanted in the paint. It's not bad luck that teams keep shooting 50% on us. These guys haven't been taught how to defend and Crean, correctly, put that on his shoulders.
Monkdawg
Crean has never been good at emphasizing defense. He sees himself as an offensive coach. I have been told that even when defensive time was scheduled in practice, he would often let offensive time keep going and diminish the time the team spends on defense. That just doesn't work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.