Morehouse game (exh)

915 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Monkdawg
Nostradawgus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If any of ya'll around here make it into Stegeman tonight, hope you will post on your player analysis and observations.
Monkdawg
I intend to be there, barring some problem that prevents it.
ianhiding
Not good. Still can't shoot outside shot and still turn the ball over to much.
Monkdawg
I think it was a mixed bag. I listened to Crean after the game; he said Tech refused to give us film of their game with Morehouse, so we had no idea what they were going to do. They didn't play last year, and their long-time coach passed away in the interim. They pressed us quite a bit and pushed our offense out toward half court, which made our passing lanes extended causing us to turn the ball over way too much. Also, we have only practiced 4 times in the Steg. Having shot in there myself, I can tell you that the openness can play with your depth perception and throw your shot off. We did not shoot well at all from either the floor or the FT line - around 26% from 3, 35% overall and 50% from the line. That kind of shooting won't get it done. Cook had 5 TOs himself and the team had 17, though only 6 in the 1st half. We were too loose with the ball certainly. JAR was only 1 for 8 from the floor, completely airballing 2 shots from the wing.

Still, there were some good things. Oquendo looks like a helluva athlete, though he forces things a bit too much. Ingram rebounded really well, and Bridges had a good game both scoring and rebounding. Etter hit 3 3s; Baumann hit 1, but does have a really pretty shot. I thought Christian Wright did some good things in the backcourt. McMillan did some good things in the post. I thought we moved pretty well defensively. We got some decent fastbreaks.

Overall, it was not a good performance, but there were some bright spots. These guys are still getting to know each other.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.