Are we all in on Justin Kier ....?

2,396 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Haney
Nostradawgus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For our #2? Not sure where he'd get more wide open, uncontested minutes available.

neKKiDawg
He seems to be a good fit. No additional scholarships left unless Hammonds stays in the draft, or another scholarship player decides to depart. This team's lack of post strength/depth will be scary again, especially if Hammonds does not stick around.
Nostradawgus
I have zero intel but have a gnawing gut feeling Hammonds will not return for his Senior year.
dawglegright
I like this addition!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-georgia/college/georgia/news/justin-kier-commits-to-georgia
Monkdawg
Like you, I just have a feeling Hammonds won't be back. He's not a leader and he doesn't play hard. Not exactly a great example for the young guys in our program.
Nostradawgus
Ecstatic we got somebody that would not be a converted PG to play the 2/3.

But Crean REALLY needs to sign a couple high school shooting guards next season. This "grad and replace" model is not a long term solution.
Monkdawg
I looked at some team rankings for recruiting in the current cycle the other day. 5 of the top 7 in the country are SEC schools, and we aren't one of them. Crean has to consistently recruit well to keep us relevant in the conference. The SEC is a bear! So far, our current class is underwhelming.
Haney
I am just not sure what we can do Monk?? I was excited about Crean initially but last year really took a lot out of me, maybe my expectations were too high, but we had 4-5 games we should have never lost and would have put us in much better position-course as it turned out, wouldn't have mattered anyway. But SEC schools are recruiting much better and we have to be able to recruit-our arena got very good reviews-no more excuses about that being a problem for us-I have said for years, that should not be the excuse. I am just not sure Crean is the right fit but we shall see-if he can get his sophomore class (minus Edwards departure) to step up, and then he hits on a few on the transfer/JUCO kids, maybe we can have something. But can he coach, something I am still waiting to see, the first two years have not impressed me but next year is pretty much all his players especially if Hammonds leaves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.