Will we look for any transfers this year?

2,366 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by RedDawg
RedDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasn't exactly bombarded with responses to my topic last week on the "South's Oldest Rivalry" so I'll try again:

Will Coach Smart look to bring in any transfers between now and Fall camp? So far, he's brought in two transfers each year. Some have been big successes, while others not so much. Year one he brought in Maurice Smith and Tyler Catalina. Catilina was everyone's favorite whipping boy in 2016, but his NFL career has proven that that criticism was largely unfounded. Smith was solid as well, leading the team in pass breakups, and both of them started almost the whole year. The next year he brought in Cam Nizaliek and Ahkil Crumpton. Nizaliek was a superstar, but Crumpton was buried down the depth chart with just one memorable catch - although it was a good one against gtu! Last year, he brought in Jay Hayes and Demetris Robertson, neither of whom made the impact anyone expected - although to be fair, DRob may have battled injuries for much of the year, and he does have two years of eligibility left.

We seem to have a pretty stacked roster, but will Coach Smart look to bring in any more transfers?
StalkinDawg
We've got two so far. Cager from Miami and Wolf from UT.
RedDawg
Good call on Cager & Wolf, Stalkin'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both of those guys announced their transfer either on signing day or a day after, so I kinda lumped them in with all of our other signees. My mistake.
iirc, most of the guys I mentioned above transferred after spring drills (Crumpton, Hayes, Smith and DRob, I think).

But yeah, we do have a couple transfers already, so we may be full on schollies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.