Zeus.....What is really wrong with him?

5,277 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CitadelDawg84
BIGKNINE1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope we don't lose him to a transfer move. He is being misused and, unless he is hurt or fearful of being hurt, he should help in the running plays when needed.
We just lost a WR because WRs aren't coached properly or used at all. We have a heck of receiving corp, but the QB isn't giving them the ball. Therefore, they lose interest and when needed can't perform. The lose hurts, but I think he knows Fromm is not going to help him and it s an indication Fromm is coming back for his Sr year....Bad for many people if he does.
Haney
Look for him and Cook to step up big next year. Nothing is wrong with him but he doesn't look to be a back that can cut/move, but he is coming off back to back knee surgeries. Like I said, he and Cook will be 1 and 2 next year unless McIntosh or Milton can take those spots.

As for the WR, assuming you are talking about the recruit?? Kid is 5'9 and 175 and from La, I am pretty sure the coaches will attract at least one, probably two more quality WR's in this recruiting class to go with the two really good ones we still have.
RedDawg
Oh brother! Nothing is wrong with Zeus. He happens to be behind one of the top RB's in the country and a Sr who has been extremely productive over his career. Plus as Haney pointed out, he's recovering from not one, but TWO torn ACL surgeries. He's averaging 5.7 ypc in his 1st season. Dude is gonna be a stud next year.

Good grief!
TysonDawg
He and Cook will be our featured backs. Think Chubbs recovering time when comparing the two. Both work their tail off. I have high hopes for Zues.
GAinLA
Chubb didn't look right in 16. I know his injury was worse, but it was probably more mental than physical. I think the same thing is going on with White.
BIGKNINE1
Yes....! We know all those attributes he possesses, but 2 3 carries a game? It doesn't cut it if you want to develop talent and depth. I still say, IMHO, that recruits that are great could play from Fresh if allowed. But, not in UGA, why? Why can't the coaches let those players get better in real situations and when needed, for real, they can show real presence. No depth hurts tremendously as we can see with WRs. They play only those who ar first in depth chart. Whenever they get hurt, the other are brought in because there is no other choice and the result is atrocious.
dawgpostsucks
GAinLA said:

Chubb didn't look right in 16. I know his injury was worse, but it was probably more mental than physical. I think the same thing is going on with White.
On 10 October 2015 Chubb suffered a torn LCL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus in his left knee vs. Tennessee. After surgery and rehab he rushed for 227 yards (6.9 ypc) in his season debut vs. North Carolina on 3 September 2016. Chubb finished his junior season averaging 5.0 ypc (he averaged 7.1 ypc in 2015 and 8.1 ypc in 2016). As a senior he averaged 6.0 ypc in 2017.

As a sophomore in high school, Zamir White ran 100m in 10.58 seconds (i.e., faster than Mecole Hardman and Tyler Simmons as seniors) to set a personal record. On 18 November 2017 in a high school playoff game he was hit in the side of his right knee and sustained a torn ACL. Unfortunately, on 18 August 2018 Zamir suffered a second torn ACL, this time in his right knee on a non-contact special teams play. In 2019 as a RS Freshman he was UGA's third leading rusher (rushing attempts and yards) behind junior D'Andre Swift and senior Brian Herrien, averaging 5.3 ypc (mainly on dive plays up the middle). Fwiw, it remains to be seen if he recovers his cutting ability and elite top-end speed, but he's primed to be UGA's starting RB in 2019. I'm pulling for him.
CitadelDawg84
Please correct me if I'm seeing this wrong ... during his recovery we almost always saw White run N/S straight up between the tackles ... even if he ran outside he never made cuts ... in the bowl game I thought we saw a glimpse of what White will produce this season ... just a glimpse.

Though out the game I was amazed at the confidence he had gained in his knee.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.