OL/DL

2,118 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Factor
Haney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, a lot of folks are freaking out that it appears Clemson is going to secure Breese and Murphy, two stud DL that we have been after, both 5 stars and especially with Murphy, and in state kid that is a legacy-believe his Mom is a UGA alum.

I got to thinking about this, we can't currently match Clemson success of producing DL, and also they have won two titles but what we do have going for us is our OL. I am sure this is mentioned during our recruitment of DL, but come to UGA and you are going against one of the top 2-3 OL in the country EVERY DAY in practice-to me that is a huge selling point to DL that want to play in the NFL-work against an OL that potentially every player on it will play on the next level. I don't think Clemson's OL comes close to ours, and Kirby has a track record of having DL prepared for the next level-he might not coach DL but he knows what it takes. Maybe let Sam Pittman start helping with the recruitment of DL as well. He certainly knows how to recruit OL, maybe he can likewise help Tray Scott with recruitment of DL-and I will add, Scott had a pretty good year last year with DL recruits, and I think his development of Jordan Davis (a 3 star recruit) is a selling point. Just wanted to throw that out there. Sure Clemson can boast of having all these guys going to the league from their DL, but we have a lot to sell ourselves.
RedDawg
Not sure what the deal is, but DL is the one position where our recruiting has been merely good (as opposed to great) under Kirby. Every other position, we've been gangbusters. But I don't know what the deal is with DL - especially given Kirby is a defensive guy and with all the in-state talent. Some people say it's that we run a 3-4 vs a true 4-3, but that's BS since a fair number of NFL teams run a 3-4 similar to our scheme. It's a real head-scratcher.
The Factor
What is the problem... Why are we NOT getting 5 star defensive tackles like the other schools... Especially when we have in state players going to another school... Is it not having a national title... Kirby recruited the hell out of defensive tackles when he was at Bama... Is it Tray Scott... Does he have the recognition needed to fulfill the task at hand... Look at Sam Pittman and how he is recognized throughout college football... Then look at the product he has recruited for UGA's offensive line... I never hear Scott's name even mentioned... We have a recruiting problem at UGA for the position of defensive tackle... Let's hear it... What is the solution to this problem...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.