Olivia Cochran and Carver wins State

5,953 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Olivia was impressive again against the defending state champions Spalding Co. She scored on 15 points but it was the way she did it. She was double and tripled team the whole game. Olivia did what she had to do when needed. Her Teammate played her best game because they needed it. Kionna Gaines is a star herself, she is 5 ft 9 in and has some serious hops. She goes down on a break away and she leaps and lays the ball over the rim and grab the rim. She is a very good ball handler who knows how to get to the rim. I would love to see both of them at UGA when they graduate. They have the talent that we need to get UGA back in the conversation again. Thinking back through the state of Georgia Basketball History, we need to recruit Olivia Cochran for sure. If we don't this will be the biggest miss by UGA since Maya Moore. We recruited Moore and missed, I don't even know if we are recruiting Olivia. The staff could be sold that we are not going to recruit Olivia because we have Javyn Nicholson. I will say it again, Olivia is the best player in Georgia no matter what class. If we don't get her, she will end up somewhere else and be an All American. No doubt Tenn, UCONN, Notre Dame will recruit her. If UGA is as serious as they keep saying, they will recruit her. She is a special player who comes along maybe every ten years.
Tyree02
Olivia is a HUGE priority and the staff are definitely on her. They just went in-home with her a few days ago.
mmixon
Thanks Tyree02, you know I was hoping you would respond to the post. In fact, you were the biggest reason I was keeping up with Olivia. You let us all knew who Olivia was. That is great that the staff is on her. Olivia really could be the face that changes recruiting at UGA. Let's get her and see can we find room for Kionna Gaines. I love them both. Madison Hayes is out there as well, she has grown to 6' 1". She is the ideal small forward. Olivia is the priority, get her and I see Raven Johnson following.
mmixon
I found out that Olivia's Mother is Tara Williams. Tara Williams played for Auburn back in the nineties during the same time as Lakiesha Frett and the rest of the super class. Tara was an all conference player in 97. Now you can see why Olivia is the type player she is and it's in the genes. This isn't good for UGA because I'm sure Mom wants her daughter to follow in her footsteps. This might be an Auburn Georgia Tech battle. Machelle Joseph was an assistant coach at Auburn during Tara's college days. Machelle has been closing real good with top recruits the last few years and it's getting better. Terri Flournoy Williams was one of the best recruiters that Andy Landers had at UGA and she is closing real well and has Auburn back in the NCAA's which means a lot. This is one to keep an eye on, that's all we can do.
dawg212003
Not sure Tech will be a big problem. Joseph is still on administrative leave. So not sure what will come of that.
mmixon
Olivia has also done in home visits with South Carolina, Louisville and Kentucky as well as UGA. There is no clear cut favorite because Olivia is keeping everything close to the vest. I didn't realize that Kentucky has one of the highest budgets in women's basketball at over $400,000. No wonder they keep getting all those top recruits. Louisville only puts out just over $100,000. I wonder what UGA budget is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.