Lady Dawgs 76 Bama 67

2,225 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ladyQdawg
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joni and Staff really need to rethink Players and Rotation. Playing Taja and Gabby the majority of the game together really hurts the Team. The Alabama game should not have ever been close enough to go into overtime. I see it every game, Teams are working switches with whoever Gabby is guarding and it causes someone else to try and help and it opens up lay ups or fouls. Last night Taja picked up her 4th foul in the third quarter and we brought in Caitlin and our defense was super. We ended up with an 11 point lead going to the 4th quarter. I think about last year were we had Gabby splitting time with Taja and we won 26 games. Haley Clark gave us more size at the 2 guard and we matched up with almost every Team we played. Personally, I would go with Caitlin at 2 guard and I would also switch my defense more with two/three zone to get Jenna Staiti more time on the floor. We are just waisting Caitlin and Jenna. We turn the ball over to much trying to run a whole game. Taja gets out of control and the Team just doesn't execute like it should. This Team can make the NCAA, but we need to take advantage of using more size on the floor.
bhdawg
I agree, in the final seconds , why throw the ball up on long layup, just go to the basket and make the shot or get fouled. I saw a lot of what youre talking about in the last 14 seconds. Wild and woolly it was and she missed both shots .
ladyQdawg
Don't understand never going to a 2-3 especially with too many guards on the team and every team knows to
simply draw our 2 biggest players outside. They go top side to double the ball and the dribble drive or a cut to the lane is wide open.

We need to keep Robinson back more for blocking shots and rebounding. We end up fouling so much with the D getting out of position. Oh, and they all need to spread their feet and block out for rebounds.

Our motion on offense seems to stop at times, and we end up with a bad shot. Would like to see Caitlin play more too and get more confidence to take her shot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.