Simply Horrible

2,492 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bhdawg
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have held back as long as I could. Recuiting is the only way UGA Lady Dawgs Basketball will get better. I was saying even when UGA had a 13 point lead we will lose this game. Every time we come down with the ball we would turn it over. Our guards are to short, not good passing the ball and I guarantee you they lead the SEC in turnovers. I have said it before and I will say it again, Joni needs to take this to the Athletic Director to get more money to hire the best Recruiter out there. To much talent in Georgia to be going everywhere except UGA. The Football Team has that, so why not the Lady Dawgs. We are simply a middle of the pack basketball team. We will be in the same position next year.
bhdawg
Fundamentals are not there
mac25
MMixon, its more than just shelling out money. Joni needs to re-look her current staff before asking for more money. I think some have been dead weight for years but that is just my opinion looking from an outside fan view. It is also not just recruiting but development of players on the court as well as physically in the off season. Yes a lot of talent leaves the state but we also need to relook at how well we evaluate talent. You and others are more in tune with recruiting but I wonder how hard we evaluate and recruit talent within our own borders. There's no excuse for getting out work recruiting kids that are within a 100 mi radius of your campus. For example, I watch Victoria Saxton and just think how she as well as other current freshmen from Georgia could help this team. That kids a player and would definitely have helped our front court. I think we lock in on a certain player and limit our recruiting prowess on limited recruits. I also look at our team compared to most SEC teams, especially the top programs and the athletes looked differently physically. We need to reshape a lot of these players prior to next season.
mmixon
Mac25, I agree with everything you said. I would be trying to get a top recruiter and a strength and conditioning coach. Dawn Staley is always making changes to her staff. I was watching West Virginia and I saw a player I was hoping we would have recruited, but instead she was another one that ended up out of state. I am starting to wonder will we ever get back to another final four.
imfrmzn4
I think we will get back to the final 4. It'll take time and the right combination of players. A lot of our players it seems are playing out of position and I wonder how much that effects the cohesiveness. Also I wonder how and what they practice because they tend to not look prepared for whatever team we face. And I agree about the s&c. It doesn't seem like our players progress when it comes to that. I dont know the ends and out so I just watch, but sometimes the team makes it hard
bhdawg
Just checked the the top 100 rec classes for 18. UGA was not anywhere to be found. Hoop Gurlz.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.