Shaniya Jones (VA Tech transfer)

4,408 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mac25
Tyree02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
has committed to play for Joni Taylor. Jones is a 5'7 gurad out of North Carolina.
Dawg44
Graduate transfer? Or will she have to sit a year? Can she ring the basket? That's what we need.
Tyree02
She (Shaniya) will be available next season around this time since she is a mid-year transfer. Shaniya is a frosh.

mmixon
That will give us 4 guards at 5'6" or 5'7". We really need to be getting bigger guards, I mean if you look at the other Teams in the SEC and around the country. That's one of the reasons I keep praying that we can get Players like Raven Johnson who is right at 5'9" are pretty close. The game of Basketball, size does matter. UConn, Tennessee and Stanford all recruit big guards and a good size point guard. We are having problems with any Teams who has size at guard or wings. Our recruiting needs to get better are we will start bringing up the rear year after year.
dawgpostsucks
Shaniya played 51 minutes in 5 games this season for the Hokies, made 5 of 14 FG attempts, 1 of 2 3-pt. shots, 2 of 3 FTs, grabbed 5 rebounds, committed 8 personal fouls, dished out 7 assists, committed 3 turnovers, grabbed 3 steals, and blocked 1 shot.

dawgpostsucks
dawg212003
Tho I agree to an extent. Sometimes size isn't everything. Not sure Mizzou has extremely tall guards and they took down Tenn.
mac25
I worry more about size in the front court. Guard play is definitely key but everyone is struggling with size unless you have length across the board and great shooters. Now if the other team's "bigs" are athletic, then just pray that they have an off night or there is no talent around them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.