Raven Johnson

4,635 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LadyDawgFan
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A lot of people were thinking this year would be a rebuilding year for Westlake, but it is anything but. In fact, Westlake look like the best Team in Georgia already. Tennessee has gotten into the mix for her and they are always a threat to UGA in recuiting with their history of Championships. I hope Joni is not looking at the fact she wasn't in the ESPN top 25. People are judging Raven by her lack of points, but most don't realize Raven plays AAU ball in a higher age group. The young ladies she plays with appreciate her to the highest. She makes sure the Team Offense is ran and she is an outstanding leader. Raven is a great defender, floor general and a great scorer when she needs to be. She average over 30 points a game in middle School ball. I am hoping Joni and Staff turn the pressure back up and try to get an early commitment. I don't know who else is on her recruiting board, Raven is a must get.
Tyree02
Another player that may be ahead of Raven Johnson is Kayla McPherson. She is a smaller guard at 5'7, but she is cat quick. McPherson played up with the 2019 class just like Raven and she led Team Elite Hubbard. McPherson plays for Kaila Hubbard's dad on Team Elite. She also played with Javyn Nicholson and Jordan Isaacs this past club season. If I were Joni I would go with a two headed monster and land both kids for the 1 and 2 position. Kayla is definitely the best scorer of the two and I absolutely love Raven on the defensive end, because her defense garners a lot of points for her team.
mmixon
I looked at an interview with Hilda Hankerson and she said Raven is only the second Freshman to start for her in her 20 year plus career. Hilda said before Raven first day of practice she told her that she was going to help get those seniors a Championship. Very confident young lady. Tyree02, I don't think you can compare Raven and Kayla ability to score because of the situation they play. 7A in Georgia is special. Raven looks to lead but she can score if needed. Kayla looks to score as she lead. I just hate to see another great Georgia Player go to Tennessee and come back and beat up on the Lady Dawgs and believe me we have had this to happen through the years. Although, UConn is even a bigger threat than Tennessee. I look at what Raven has done so far, hasn't lost to a Georgia Team yet. The three losses she had last year, 2 in Kentucky and I want to say the other was on the East Coast. I am praying Joni keeps the pressure on. I would have my Coaches at every game and I would be inviting her to every game.

mmixon
Raven and her Westlake Teammates are 12 - 0. They beat Savannah Beach yesterday 60 to 46. Raven lead all scorers with 18 points but what was unusual is she had a game high 17 rebounds as well. I know there have probably been done before, but I have never heard of it in Georgia High Schools. She does whatever it takes to win and that's the biggest reason I want her at UGA. I am hoping our staff is keeping the pressure on Raven because this is the player to turn recruiting around for UGA. I am also hoping that we are after her AAU Teammates Olivia Cochran, Madison Hayes, Amirah Abdur Rahim and Treasure Hunt. Olivia Cochran is a beast on the glass on both ends of the floor and she goes to school at Carver High in Columbus Georgia. She has a mid range jumper, can put the ball on the floor and use either hand and go coast to coast. I know we just signed Javyn Nicholson but we need all the rebounders we can get. Think Notre Dame last season they had 4 power forward and walked away with the National Title. Madison Hayes is a 6' 0" wing who can stroke it. She is the type player we really need to be recruiting if we are serious about winning the SEC and playing for National Championships. Treasure Hunt I believe will be the toughest for us to recruit. 6' 1" and is automatic from the WNBA 3. She has offers from everyone, but could be leaning towards Auburn. Amirah could be a UGA lock if we want her which I know we should. One of her brothers is an assistant coach on the Men's Basketball Team. I know this is hard for Coaches to think of but we need that Top Recruiter who can go into a Recruit home and sell UGA. A lot of schools are getting those players from the WNBA to join their staff and be the lead recruiters and it works. Minnesota hires the Young Lady who played for them and all of a sudden they are just outside the top ten. Maya Moore is out there and sooner or later someone is going to say come join our staff and she is going to make a difference. Why not try to get this super young lady to join your staff even if she continues to play in the WNBA. Sooner or later retirement will come for her. There is not one young lady who wouldn't listen to what Maya has to say. We need something to jump start our program towards elite status again.
Tyree02
She (Raven) has a list of favorites right now;Georgia, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn and Vandy
mmixon
Tyree02 that sounds so nice. A commitment from her would really change things. Olivia Cochran and her team are playing outstanding basketball. They are beating some great teams around the country during the holidays. Also I forgot Olivia plays with Kionna Gaines who is a 5' 11" combo guard who is a star herself. If Raven has a list she is probably going to commit early. Then we could really work on Courtney Ogden who is 6' 0" also a guard who might grow a little more and she can shoot the lights out for an 8th grader. Courtney is as close to Raven as anyone. Courtney other friend is 6' 3" Essence Cody who is considered a top ten 8th grader. Tyree02, who is Olivia considering. Folks let's hope for an early commitment from Raven.
mmixon
I see we made Treasure Hunt top seven, so there might be some hope there. We could have an outstanding class with her Olivia Cochran, Madison Hayes and Amirah Abdur-Rahim. Then top that off the following year with Raven Johnson, Kionna Gaines, Sania Feagin and Kayla McPherson which both classes in succession would equal that super class of 1993 which consisted of Lakeisha Frett, Tracey Henderson, Tiffany Walker, Brandi Decker, Kedra Holland-Corn and Rachel Powell. That was the number one class that year which went to 2 final fours and an elite eight. That's what it going to take for us to get back to elite status. This spring will be very important to landing those young ladies and you have to get off to a good start.
LadyDawgFan
Where was Treasure Hunt's top 7 posted, and who else was in it? She would be a huge grab, as would her teammate, 6'6" Kamilla Cardosa.
mmixon
Ladydawgfan, Treasure has UGA, GT, Alabama, Tenn, South Carolina, LSU and Michigan State. Always have to be aware of Tenn but they have a couple of others that they are recruiting. South Carolina has a couple they signed last year. We need that scoring wing with her size, especially since we missed on Rickea Jackson.
Tyree02
We only have room for two more players since we took the transfer guard from VA Tech. I would love to land Treasure Hunt, Olivia Cochran, Sarah Ashlee Barker and Ra'Shaya Kyle. Kyle is a 6'6 specimen that can handle the rock. Yes! Handle the ball at 6'6. If you follow me on Twitter, I retweeted some of her games from this year on there. She does in fact an offer from us and she is ideal because she runs the floor with the guards, and very athletic with a college body already. She reminds me of Alaina Coates but with ball handling skills. If we could land those four somehow, I'd be happy as all hell!
Dawg44
Can we take all four with only two spots left?
LadyDawgFan
Kyle will be tough to get out kf the big 10. She said it herself
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.