That first half @GT was BRUTAL. That's about as UGLY as you can play.

3,021 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgs30008
ladyQdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought we would settle down the 2nd quarter. Games with GT are always ugly, but
we are making it easy for them. We've made more passes to them than to our teammates.
mmixon
Joni needs to teach this Team the basics. We are playing out of control on both sides of the ball. You know you are not playing good basketball when the majority of your post Players can't make lay ups. We are also not making free throws. We have Players trying to make the pretty pass instead of the basic pass. We must have had at least 25 one pass and shoot whether it is a good shot or not. Now I am hoping Joni realize she needs Staiti on the floor. We need to make sure the post Players touch the ball at least 65% of the time. And we need to slow Taja down and make sure she only runs when there is a definite lay up. All the Ladies should be working on Free throws and lay ups. From what I am seeing, we are going to struggle this year.
ladyQdawg
I have to confess, I had to quit watching. It was just too painful to see the same mistakes over
and over. The whole team looked lost.
imfrmzn4
I think the team is suffering from a serious lack of leadership. Theyre all talented but don't really know how to put it together. All of the turnovers were brutal. The defense tends to bring it but until the offense can play more efficient we will always see more of the same when the pressure is applied
imfrmzn4
Also, if ur top 15 ranked team starts out 2-2 and they have viable players, its time to change the starting line up
ladyQdawg
Agree to both your posts. We definitely miss those outstanding leaders that kept them focused and encouraged each one to keep pushing. Not having Que really hurts too.

I'd like to see a change in the starting line up as well.

mmixon
I agree imfrmzn4, Joni needs Staiti in the starting lineup to give the Team some stability. Install some plays that are designed to make the other Team run through some screens. We have got to do something instead of 5 Players looking to score 20 points. Have to learn to get the ball to the best option. If we continue to play like this, we will all be saying wait till next year.
ccurry3
I was at the game today, really ugly play. It was hard to watch as least 10 easy missed layups. This team still missing free throws. It time for Starting five lineup change. Staiti should be starting now to get her ready for SEC schedule. Start Staiti, Caliya,Taja, Gabby and Caitlin. Caitlin may make rookies errors but she should be ready for Sec games. I think she be a good 3 point threat if team set her up for shots. With Stephanie coming off bench the second team is more solid. They need to spread the floor so Staiti can get some one on one touches. I notice that if the ball comes into Caliya , the other player just plays tight defense, they know she going to kick it back out to teammate. Caliya needs to create offense driving to basket. Today I saw Georgia play tight defense, but didn't stop Tech players from creating shots. Malury Bates had rough game today, I think your best days are ahead!!!! Keep working.
ladyQdawg
Good post. It had to be tough to be there. We looked totally unprepared.
dawgs30008
Free Throws, Point blank misses including layups.

I watched most of the game. We must hit our free throws.

Bates missed point blank range but I like what I have seen from her. I expect her to get only better.

The three freshmen had their moments. They made a few mistakes but it will have to be trial by fire with them. You can see their potential.

Not sure what is going on with Maya or Caliya. We need them both to succeed.

Staiti should be starting. Her stamina looked good for a long stretch. The more playing time she gets will only benefit the team.

I want to see this team by the end of the year. If they can clean up the miscues, free throws, and point blank misses, they can recover from this start.

I miss Que. I hope she is able to return as herself. I expect big things from her this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.