Aubrey Beckham official visit

2,509 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aubrey Beckham will do an official visit to UGA June 18-20. She will start her official visits with Auburn before UGA and Florida and FSU afterwards. I was hoping that she would be a Ladydawg and would be an ambassador for recruiting the state of Georgia. But, I am having second thoughts on this staff as far as recruiting. We will see what happens not just with Aubrey, but others as well.
Dawg44
I hope Aubrey has a great few days at Georgia.
whitt
I hope he have great days in Georgia.
mmixon
On3 has Aubrey leaning to UGA at 20 percent, Auburn at 18 percent, FSU at 15.5 percent and Indiana and Florida both 12.9. Even before this came out I was feeling that Aubrey and her family were favoring UGA. I think finally, Coach Abe and staff will sign a player from the state of Georgia.
caejal44
She would be a great addition.
mmixon
Aubrey has a top 6 of UGA, Auburn, Florida, Miss State, Indiana and Baylor. Baylor offered her late in June and they could be a major player. I was hoping the staff would have kept the pressure on her during the season and she might have given an early commitment. Now I am concerned we might let another one leave the state of Georgia.
mmixon
Aubrey Beckham to make her decision in September. I have my fingers crossed that she will be a Lady Bulldog.
dawg212003
It's official. She's a Dawg!
mmixon
This is great news for UGA and Coach Abe. Her first commitment from the state of Georgia and I think Aubrey will be Miss Georgia next March. Now we need to get Jocelyn Faison from the state of Georgia.
Dawg44
Excellent news. I'm hearing more talent is on the way.
caejal44
Awesome news! This is an amazing way to start the class of 25!!!
Slappy Sloppy15
Very nice, were we a little to negative too soon on coach Abe's ability to attract/recruit top tier players?
mmixon
Aubrey is one player and 2 years late, because you just had your first losing season in over 40 years. 12 and 18 is bad, but 3 and 13 in the SEC and this year could be even worse will get you fired. Coach Abe and staff have to get a top 10 recruiting class because we can't attract top transfer portal players to help us compete in the toughest conference in women's basketball. The big question is how long will it take Coach Abe and staff to rebuild Georgia and how long will the AD give her. We are faced with losing and 4 freshmen that needs to play. This could be year of auditions for next year's team. South Carolina, LSU, Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Mississippi State, I am looking for all those teams to be ranked in the top 25. Coach Abe has a tough job ahead of her. You have to have talent.
Dawg44
She needs NIL. She has had to recruit with zero NIL for two years. This is all on our fans.
mmixon
You can't just blame a lack of recruiting on NIL. You have to campaign for NIL support, plus you have to start recruiting kids who really don't need NIL. NIL should be discussed when a young lady excepts your offer. I understand some kids are looking for NIL, but if you can develop a young lady for the WNBA, that and a college education should be your biggest seller. The AD needs to give support. I can't believe every winning program is winning because of NIL.
Dawg44
You make some good points but the top female talent is getting $100,000 a year their first year. We can't compete without big NIL. It's sad but true. The world has changed. And the changes are not good for the game.
mmixon
Wow, where was this when I was in school in the mid 70s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.